Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript

Options
  • 21-10-2008 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I was wondering does anybody know of any code that i could add to my site that would allow a visitor to click the link and it would send an e-mail to my e-mail inbox with the url of the page where the link was clicked.

I want to add it to a video page so that if the video dosent work anymore the visitor can just click it and then i will know and fix it.

It would be great of somebody could help:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

<script language="javascript">document.write('<a href="mailto:you@mailer.com?subject=Comments from your site&body=Sent from \'' + location.pathname + '\' page">Mail me</a>');</script>

This will open a new mail which a user must send with his mail client. If you want a mail to be sent by your server, you have to use some server side technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Which would be best for a feedback system. This method won't work for people who only use webmail unless they are willing to manually recreate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

You can do it server-side using AJAX without opening a new window.

Just as long as you don't need the "clicker's" email address (which from your description you don't)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Thanks for that bit of code but it is not exactly what i am looking for. I am looking for something like what liam byrne is talking about (above)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Sorry if I misread your question :( But you only asked about JavaScript and that's one of the JavaScript only solutions. Other suggestions revolve around (and depend on) the server side technologies which you never mentioned ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement