Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Opel Corsa

Options
  • 21-10-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, The Mother has a corsa as above and basically its sittin in the drive this last 6 months, Something went wrong with the engine, I dont know what it is but basically it shakes when your in 1st, 2nd gear, but then its gone once you start cruising. It's the same type of shake as you'd get from a buckled wheel or somethin? but I checked the wheels and its deffo a shake from the engine.

Anyway, she wants me to get rid of this. would it be worth anything to anyone? I was goin to put it up on adverts but not sure if there is any point as I wouldnt have a clue how to answer any of the questions about the car? if not its goin to the scrap yard.It has low milage approx 55 k or there abouts, so was just wondering if its worth a few quid.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Buy and sell

98 Opel corsa, low miles, engine problem, drive away at.. (so many euros).

Being honest, if it's something major it's not worth a whole lot. If you want it gone within a day, put it up for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Does it shake with engine started but car not moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭The_Devil

Yea pretty much..?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Im sure a mechanic would sort this for next to nothing tbh. At least then you could get what its worth. You will have to give it away as is.
    Off chance.... only mentioning this as it could be a safety issue, Check small rubber vacuum pipe running from top of engine to the brake pressure booster(large black disc with brake fluid reservior attached). I once saw a car have that exact fault caused by a crack in that pipe.
    Brake function may be reduced if this was the problem.
    It could also be anyone of a number of engine related running issues so mechanic would be best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

As someone said above, buy and sell.

I sold my 95 Corsa through the buy and sell during the summer. It had no paint on the bonnet as someone poured acid on it. There was an inch gap between the roof and the top of the driver door from where it got broken into, so you wouldn't want to be driving in the rain. There were no interior lights, so you couldn't really drive at night. The radio was broken. There was a hole in the exhaust. Needed four new tyres. Timing belt needed to be done. Handbrake was dodgy, as were brakes.

I put it in the buy and sell, and sold it that night. Alright, I sold it for €250, but I sold it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a mechanic diagnose the problem and estimate the cost of repairing it. Then decide if it is more viable to have the job done or just sell the car off cheap.

Advertisement