Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your thoughts on this position?

• 21-10-2008 4:36pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭

1fefc78ccc.jpg

A recent game from the Leinster leagues.
    At this point my opponent offered me a draw. I looked at the position for a minute and accepted as I still had a bit of a hangover lol

I reckon tho this could be a win for white(me)
    Can black hold the pawn on e5? does the bad position of his bishop make a difference?

Whats your thoughts on this one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

it's probably drawn but if you were my teammate I wouldn't be too happy about you taking a draw here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Ah the half point proved valuable in the end with some other players losing drawing positions. Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I would have had you ahead on position based on the black bishop being in trouble. Would have played a few more to see if he tried to release it or not

Yes I probably should have played a few more moves. I have recently become a bit of a scardy cat in my games accepting draws to easily for fear of losing. It's something I will have to get out of. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Difficult position to get anything out of, I reckon it's a draw except White has the advantage.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply. :). Makes my decision feel a bit better. I was thinking the same and It would be a long drawn out endgame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Depending on the clock situation, I play on here, becuase I can't see how white can lose, and Black has more weaknessess and more problems to solve. Black will be playing c6 or c5 soon I guess, and will be left with two isolated pawns.
    In the mean time I would be focusing on activating the white king. Also, b4 looks like a better square for the a3 knight. I'd say as white you can take your time in this position, improve the placement of your pieces and then play for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

That position with so many minor pieces would wreck my head
    draw would suit me here too.
    I have often played on only to make some dastardly mistake. Knights freak me out!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Itsallzen

Think white should play on as they are the only one with winning chances. A plan along the lines of Nd2, f3 then e4 to control the centre and restrict the black pieces further?? Not sure that there is much for black to do in terms of constructive / progressive moves.

Advertisement