Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van clubs

Options
  • 21-10-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello lad's,
    I have just been reading through the threads relating to support for Munster camper van club, and it set me to wondering how many clubs there are in the country. I'm in the Dublin area and the only club I know about is the Motorcaravan club, which on the face of it seems more like a secret society rather than a mutual interest group,I refer to the leadership and not the membership. So do you think it's possiable to compile a list of clubs around the country, I am not a member of a club but sometimes I think I would like to be, I find the above mentioned club unattractive. So what's the story.
    boyoh:cool:;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

The few that I'm fimiliar with are:

www.ICCC.ie
    www.IMCC.ie
    www.caravanclub.co.uk (have Munster,Leinster & Ulster branches)
    www.motorcaravanclub.com
    www.munstermotorhomeclub.com

Please don't go slagging any clubs as it wouldn't be fair on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Thanks for those links.
    Interesting to note that one of those clubs (3 guesses), refuses to link people with motorhome questions here, describing us as a "rival" forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

loobylou wrote: »
    Thanks for those links.
    Interesting to note that one of those clubs (3 guesses), refuses to link people with motorhome questions here, describing us as a "rival" forum.

That's their prerogative :D

We, on the other hand have no problem linking to them ...so let's leave it at that, please

Considering the amount of interest in this site over the years I'm wondering when are we going to set up out own club? call it something like
    [url]w ww.all-a-boards.ie:D[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Hi Stapler,
    Thanks for the info. I was not slagging anybody,i was only expressing my opinion based on my experience, I'll say no more now as peasant seems a little nervous. Free speech is wonderful.
    boyoh:(:)

• Advertisement

boyoh wrote: »
    Hi Stapler,
    Thanks for the info. I was not slagging anybody,i was only expressing my opinion based on my experience, I'll say no more now as peasant seems a little nervous. Free speech is wonderful.
    boyoh:(:)
    boyoh, I know you weren't slagging, I wasn't able to add a smiley to indicate a bit of humour. I appreciate the frustration but I guess we're fortunate to have a good forum here that doesn't get too much criticism. :D
    Looking back at old posts whenever various clubs get a mention there tends a lot of bickering. If I had a Euro for every time somebody took a swipe at a club I'd probably be able to afford a nice new shiny Hymer:D

Advertisement