Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Broken into... Why would someone steal this?:mad:

Options
  • 21-10-2008 3:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My friends car was broken into the weekend.

she had nothing of any real value in the car, they went through everything though, left everything there but stole a small Animal (the surfer brand) back pack she had there which had her work clothes (shes a nurse) and a pair of shoes that were in the bag, they didnt even take the radio....

What the hell could they have done that for... it was very weird that its all they seem to have taken.

Can anyone shed any light as to what they may have been looking for, the gardai reckoned they might have panicked and fled because they didnt try to steal the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Halloween fancy dress costume desperetly needed - all shops sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Morphéus wrote: »

she had nothing of any real value in the car, they went through everything though, left everything there but stole a small Animal (the surfer brand) back pack she had there which had her work clothes (shes a nurse) and a pair of shoes that were in the bag, they didnt even take the radio....

What the hell could they have done that for... it was very weird that its all they seem to have taken.

Can anyone shed any light as to what they may have been looking for, the gardai reckoned they might have panicked and fled because they didnt try to steal the car.

Because they are scum and should be shot on sight.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Morphéus wrote: »

They stole a nurses uniform........ I'd be happy if I found a nurses uniform in my swag bag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Maybe they were disturbed and took the bag because they didn't have a chance to look inside it??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

*Kol* wrote: »
    Maybe they were disturbed and took the bag because they didn't have a chance to look inside it??

These people are disturbed alright..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

They just took the bag & worried what was in it later. The bag was in plain sight. Car radios are not the "in-thing" any more. They were probably hoping for a wallet, iPod, phone, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Lead up to some type of hospital scam? Stealing prescription drugs or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

steve06 wrote: »
    Lead up to some type of hospital scam? Stealing prescription drugs or something?

Or baby snatching! Won't somebody think of the children :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Mate of mine had a pair of dirty old shoes robbed out of his porch. Lads spotted them on a homeless guy at the local train station a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

A man walks down the street and gets mugged, his wallet stolen.

He only had 5 euro on him!!!

The mugger mugged this guy for 5 euro!! :p I can't believe someone would mug a man for 5 euro!!!

..Actually, not really ..the mugger mugged the man for money and thats what he happened to have :rolleyes:

Kinda what RebelRanter suggested, but anyway... tallyho!

...kinda feel sad for the homeless guy though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Brother car was broken into and they took
    His fags
    Lighter
    Ipod
    Gearknob
    Every bit of change (alot of it pennies)

But they were nice, as they only broke the smallest window.:D I'd say count yourself lucky they only got what they got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

OP, I think your friend will learn the lesson "Out of sight, out of mind", I don't leave anything in view, not a euro coin, not a cd, nothing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Do you reckon its the norm to dump all this stuff when you realise theres no wallets, purses or ipods etc in it? maybe if she walks around she might locate some of it near the place it was stolen from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

yes good idea. Always worth a look anyway. As said before, chances are it was just a smash and grab.
    Little B^stards should be strung up tho.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Late last night on a whim, I spun down a littles used access road and lo and behold, I found her tunic lying in the road near where the car had been broken into.

The scumbags had slashed it up and had burned holes in it.

We will go back in daylight to check the ditches on both sides... Vigilantism has become something of an obsession for us over last 2 days .... little scrotes should be strung up in a public place and hung using their own intestines.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know someone whos car was broken into a few years back and they went through the CDs he had in his glove box and only took the ones they liked.. left most behind (his taste in music is brutal!! :D ).. There was a decent Lowe Alpine jacket on the back seat they didnt touch and as someone else mentioned earlier, they took his fags and lighter and an air freshener he had hanging from the rear view mirror..

The fact that they had the time to sit in the car and go through CDs amazes me and makes me wonder were they really looking to steal something for personal gain or just for the fun of it..

Im convinced that most just do it for the sake of it through boredom.. :mad:

Tox

Advertisement