Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senator Biden states that there will be an international crisis in 6 months

Options
  • 21-10-2008 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

A generated (his words) one to test Obamas mettle if he gets elected. Any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

A generated (his words) one to test Obamas mettle if he gets elected. Any ideas what it might be?

Easy. Israel will attack somebody, or worse, somebody will attack Israel. Then it'll really be all over the fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

very interesting, do you have a link for his statement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

here is a link. Interesting speech.
    Mark my words...It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

"Gird your loins. We're gonna win with your help, God willing, we're gonna win, but this is not gonna be an easy ride. This president, the next president, is gonna be left with the most significant task. It's like cleaning the Augean stables, man. This is more than just, this is more than – think about it, literally, think about it – this is more than just a capital crisis, this is more than just markets. This is a systemic problem we have with this economy."

"I've forgotten more about foreign policy than most of my colleagues know, so I'm not being falsely humble with you. I think I can be value added, but this guy has it. This guy has it. But he's gonna need your help. Because I promise you, you all are gonna be sitting here a year from now going, 'Oh my God, why are they there in the polls? Why is the polling so down? Why is this thing so tough?' We're gonna have to make some incredibly tough decisions in the first two years. So I'm asking you now, I'm asking you now, be prepared to stick with us. Remember the faith you had at this point because you're going to have to reinforce us."

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'. Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Mark my words...It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy

very interesting, an insight into how the world really works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Interesting and an insight into how American politics works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, I don't think he means someones going to create a crisis specifically to test Obama, rather that there will be a crisis and Obama abilities as president will be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

More like someone of America enemies (Iran, North Korea etc.) will simply say "hey, lets see if this new guy has any balls". It almost always happens. When he means generated he means generated by an unfriendly nation to test the mettle of the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Mmmm needs a "By Golly" and a "Gee Whizz" just to carry it with that bit more sincerity .....

I love this reasoning

"There are gonna be a lot of you who want to go, 'Whoa, wait a minute, yo, whoa, whoa, I don't know about that decision'. Because if you think the decision is sound when they're made, which I believe you will when they're made, they're not likely to be as popular as they are sound. Because if they're popular, they're probably not sound."

Basically your all too dumb to know that we made the right decisions for you:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

NWO around the corner!

humanji wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't think he means someones going to create a crisis specifically to test Obama, rather that there will be a crisis and Obama abilities as president will be seen.

yeah, coz by generated he meant it'll just happen naturally... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah wtf tbh, some choice of words there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,720 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well he doesnt specify who does the generating. The russians generated the georgian issue.

Speaking of Conspiracies, google this and make a thread about its recent distribution in American Newspapers:

Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West

I'm off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Hmm, i might get that. I wonder Which countries these radicals are from that it shows to be hating the West. ****, imma get this now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ant the Current Crisis, Generated by America, is he sayin thats not gonna test Obama?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 TheEnforcer

Well we are in the era of crisis creation.

I tell you something, watch the 9 pm news on RTE and then Prime Time, no wonder people cannot sleep at night.

To main created issues are used to take away all rights, "terrorism" and this global warming/environment scam.

I even had a stupid Paddy rattling on to me the other day about how OBAMA is going to change things. Why does Paddy care?? New Ireland?? and as if Obama is anything more than a puppet.

Well we are in the era of crisis creation.

I tell you something, watch the 9 pm news on RTE and then Prime Time, no wonder people cannot sleep at night.

To main created issues are used to take away all rights, "terrorism" and this global warming/environment scam.

I even had a stupid Paddy rattling on to me the other day about how OBAMA is going to change things. Why does Paddy care?? New Ireland?? and as if Obama is anything more than a puppet.

Yeah we're all horribly oppressed in this country, all our rights have been stolen from under our noses :rolleyes:... or wait they haven't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Sure none of that global malarkey and crises affect us here in good 'aul Ireland...oh wait, they do :rolleyes:

Kama wrote: »
    Sure none of that global malarkey and crises affect us here in good 'aul Ireland...oh wait, they do :rolleyes:

He only referred to "terrorism" and "this global warming/environment scam". The former hasn't had any major impact on Ireland and the latter I don't believe is a scam in the first place nor have I had anyone explain to me how this 'scam' is supposed to work. So :rolleyes:

I'm also guessing that the bankers didn't try to put themselves out of a job, they just were stupid and greedy and it backfired so I assume 'crisis creation' isn't about that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Gun control is the next big step in the US. Internationally, a global new financial world order. As for conflicts, who knows. Minor distractions nowadays which seem to be generated more by corporate interests and the chance to make a little money.

I'm still waiting for the global kill-shot which I thought would be avian flu..

I've wondered recently if the Fema camps and prison trains could be related to this unpopular decision which is on the cards. Also, in an era of unpopular policies to push the agenda, it makes sense that a charismatic leader be fronted in order to ensure it happens. Remember that Obama is a Brzezinski man... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

• Advertisement
Advertisement