Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 3X04 - "All In The Family" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 21-10-2008 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

US: 3X04 - "All In The Family" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]
    - WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "All In The Family"

Episode Title: All In The Family
    Airdate: October 19th

Tv.com Summary
    After a failed marriage proposal, Dexter attempts to convince Rita that he wants more than a financial merger and fatherhood. He wants a family with Rita. Deb lands a new case. Miguel's brother, Ramon, is dead set on finding Oscar's murderer, which worries Dexter and Miguel.

Will watch it later tonight and post my thoughts asap.

Is it still captivating TV 24 votes

0% 0 votes
    33% 8 votes
    41% 10 votes
    16% 4 votes
    Bad
    8% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I didn't think it was a good as last week's, but a solid entry nonetheless (does this show ever do crappy episodes anyway?). They went with the theme of roles we play in life and it was interesting how Dexter felt more comfortable as the villain when role-playing as a child, instead of being the hero. That came through during the episode with him manipulating both Ramon and Miguel but I think it may come back to bite him eventually - Ramon already disliked him and that has only been amplified now.

The botched wedding proposal(s) were hilarious, as was the "real" one using almost word-for-word what that crazy girl had said :).

Loved Rita been a bit more aggressive for once and calling the rude customer a b*tch - even if it didn't end well for her.

I kinda missed who LaGuerta went to see about Miguel - is that lady meant to be the DA or what exactly? I didn't catch any references to who she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

J-blk wrote: »
    I kinda missed who LaGuerta went to see about Miguel - is that lady meant to be the DA or what exactly? I didn't catch any references to who she is.
    She was the defendent's lawyer in the Chicky Hyne's case. She had a great line an episode or two back about Miguel going home to get dressed with an American flag.

I thought the episode was great. Certainly not as good as last week, but Dexter is far and away the best show on television at the moment. The story is original and far more interesting than most of the other tripe that I only now watch due to force of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I loved it, and I have to disagree with the others because I thought it was better than last week's. I loved the theme of the episode. It's funny watching Dexter trying to be human and doing it wrong, like being completely nonchelant about proposing. The way he manipulated Ramone was vintage Dexter, and it was almost reminiscent of the way he played Doakes near the end of Season 2.

Top notch stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I loved it, and I have to disagree with the others because I thought it was better than last week's.

Yep, this was better than last week's and probably the best so far this series in terms of pitch black humour.

Dexter is best when he's clearly clueless and trying to figure out how "normal" people behave.
    The manner in which he won over Rita and the kids with his proposal which he borrowed word for word from the delusional murderer was great dark comedy. Great stuff :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

yeah enjoying this season and loving every episode, I do really think that Dexter has real feelings for Rita and the Kids, as he showed by taking out the Peado last week, so I hope he is more Human then he thinks he is, btw I just noticed that he didn't kill anyone this episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Very enjoyable episode. Dex copying the speach word for word at the end and pulling it off flawlessly was great. Wasn't sure about Jimmy Smits at the start but his character is growing on me. Lol at Angel getting nabbed by the brasser.

Advertisement