Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login script

Options
  • 20-10-2008 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a script where you can login and check your individual status
    B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Also preferably in PHP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

barnicles wrote: »
    Anyone know of a script where you can login and check your individual status
    B

What exactly do you mean?

Lets say i want to login with a username and password to check how much cash i have in the bank?
    @webmonkey. No doesn't matter anymore

Lets say i want to login with a username and password to check how much cash i have in the bank?
    @webmonkey. No doesn't matter anymore

Are you talking about making a website where people log in and have a "profile" page, where information about them is displayed back to them?

You really need to describe in FULL what you want done.

• Advertisement

You got it right. The bank was only an example.

Oh ok.

Here's a nice little tutorial on creating password protected pages, using a MySQL database to store user information.

You should be able to flesh it out and have details from the database display on the users "profile" page.

http://phpsense.com/php/php-login-script.html

Host won't let me use mysql:(

ya need a better host or pay the small fee to get MySQL.

If your talking about creating logins and holding passwords and having password protected pages you really need to have a database behind it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Jesus what host nowadays doesn't include at least a single MySQL database :O - you better off doing it this way as file based could be a security risk, well lets just say less secure than DB id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Then rather than taking the username password information, you'll need to hard code it or read/write it from/to a text file (although I doubt if you'll have rights to do that). Either way, unless you're just doing a simple college project, you'd have a pretty Micky Mouse application written if you had to do it that way.

TBH, you need to explain in slightly greater detail what you're requirements are, as this will allow people to better advise a solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

If you want just one user to login use .htaccess otherwise you will have to buy mysql of your host.

Advertisement