Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANZ bank account

Options
  • 20-10-2008 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all i tried so set up an ANZ bank account here from Ireland so i could transfer money myself before i leave for Oz at the xmas.

I sent my completed application forms to ANZ Uk but i never heard anything atall from them since, i was wondering has anyone done this before and set an account up themselves before they leave for Oz and how did you do this?

Any help would be great thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 andymccarroll

I did the same you should get a form back with a ref number, When you transferred the money I take it you used your name on the details of transfer. Then you just go into any ANZ branch and they will set you up with your account details ATM card etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I set mine up thru the visa company. They gave me my details, and when i got over to oz, i went into the nearest ANZ bank and got my card there and then. just had to provide my name and passport etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bugle

Ring them at this number, +353 1 878 3329. i didnt even send off that form in the end. they just set it all up over the phone.im gonna transfer my funds over soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gerrymoff

Hi thanks for the info,

I didnt even get as far as transferring money Andy they never sent anything back to me not even an acknowlegement, how long did they take to send you back the referance number?

I will ring that number tomorrow and see what the storie is thanks again:)

pity ya didnt send the money already. AFAIK the AUS Dollar is making a slight comeback against the euro. ya coulda almost doubled your money if ya transferred it last week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The_B_Man wrote: »
    pity ya didnt send the money already. AFAIK the AUS Dollar is making a slight comeback against the euro. ya coulda almost doubled your money if ya transferred it last week!

err you still can $1.90929 = 1 Euro ...

ye but it was better last week! ;)

I actually lost 500 dollars coz of when i transferred the money over. It was only 1euro to 1.53 dollar when i transferred it, then when i got to oz it was 1.64. Thought i was after gettin ripped off by the visa company but it was just the exchange rate. I wish it was a better exchange rate back then, coz i'd prob still have some money! I dont get paid til nov 5th and im flat broke!! :(

Advertisement