Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a way of making a list of my music?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have a lot of music on an external harddrive and i was wondering if there is a way of making a list of artists and tracks that i can print off without having to type it all out?!? it would be such a help if any1 knew!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Go oldschool:
    load up your command prompt, and change to the drive where you have your tunes.
    Type "Dir *.mp3 /s > c:\list.txt" (without the quotes) (assuming the details you want are in the filenames)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

If you have them added to iTunes just go to File > Print then select Song Listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Go oldschool:
    load up your command prompt, and change to the drive where you have your tunes.
    Type "Dir *.mp3 /s > c:\list.txt" (without the quotes) (assuming the details you want are in the filenames)

Handy (good old oldschool) ;)

Is there a way to get it to not list the time & date for every track?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

Handy (good old oldschool) ;)

Is there a way to get it to not list the time & date for every track?

-

dir /b

type dir /? to get all the options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you've got winamp just load your whole library into a playlist. It has a HTML export option that will make a nice webpage with all the tracks on it. Winamp will also read the ID3 tags in the mp3s so if any of them have silly filenames like 01.mp3 it should still print the proper song name, assuming the tags are present.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

What he said..... Winamp FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Gerry1995

Also use Media Monkey mp3 player excellent reporting there http://www.mediamonkey.com/

Advertisement