Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My trip to Super Potato (Akihabara)

Options
  • 20-10-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭

Well folks I survived my trip to Japan (barely!). Purchased my Neo Geo and a few other little things.

Super Potato was fantastic. Couldn't find some of the games I wanted, because alot of the carts were mainly put sideways on the shelves with their Kanjii writing sticking out, and there was 100s of carts to go through.

I ended up buying a Neo Geo AES (4 games), Neo Geo Pocket Color (2 games), Original Japanese NES (1 game). Total cost was 120 euros. The neo geo games were 2 euro each for the unboxed games ! :pac: Picked up a stepup convertor for the Neo Geo in Narita Airport for 10 euro too :pac:

I was in another shop that had a nice selection too, was sorely tempted to pickup a hand-held PC Engine Turbo - but my case was fit to burst at that stage.

I have to mention the arcades over there - they are fantastic, however you're not allowed take any photos/videos. They are massive though, with whole floors in some cases dedicated to just one game (SF4 for instance).

PS Ignore the orange balltop - I discovered it fits from my Sanwa sticks =)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,132 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm very much green with envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Two euro!?!?!?!?

And you only bought 4 games????

You'll regret that :p

That's some crazy cheap stuff man. How much was the AES console itself?

That's it, I'm saving to go right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Nice glad you picked up some stuff in Japan, Did you do anything other then videogames while you were there or just Videogames.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

cheers guys !

@oisin - I couldn't fit any more stuff in the case =) My only regret is I didn't pickup another neo geo. The console itself with the sticks, power adapter, tv cable was 80 euros or around that. BTW Could only find 1 proper Airsoft shop, tonnes of stuff though, but didn't want to risk bringing anything back ! just in case.

@Appleidog - ah we visited lots of stuff over there. Spent 5 nights in Tokyo and 5 nights in Kyoto. Visited Fuji, Hiroshima, Nara, Hakone, Tokyo (Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku and Akihabara), Kyoto (specifically the Geon area). Loads of other places I can't think the names of =)

Advertisement