Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What kind of paint works on Polyester fleece?

Options
  • 20-10-2008 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

I need to put spots on polyester fleece for a Halloween costume and I'm not sure of the best way to go about it.
    I was thinking of cutting out felt or something and gluing them on, but there are 20 costumes to do so this would be VERY time consuming and probably expensive.
    So I am hoping that I can either use some sort of spray paint with a stencil or even splodge paint on using a paint brush.
    The spots don't need to be round exact spots, more like irregular spots like Dalmatian fur, so I'm not very fussy about how neat it would look. The main thing is that it doesn't run, especially if it's raining, and that all the spots don't just look like a dirty mess! :)

Does anyone know what sort of paint I could use? Or any other way that's quicker and easier than cutting out lots of spots and sticking them on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Get some fabric paint and cut sponges into the shapes you want and just dip the sponge into the paint and press on to the fleece. Let the paint dry then run an iron over them, that will seal the paint on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dredmo

Oh great thanks, I'll do a patch test and try it out.
    I was a bit worried that normal fabric paint wouldn't take to the fleece well. But I'll give it a go!

Advertisement