Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" Lidl LCD Monitor on sale 23-10-08

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi I saw this monitor on sale for 259.99. Is it good value??

LG 22” Flatron Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Simplicity of design, combined with life like images, ideal for movies, optimized for maximum movie image brightness, suitable for moving images with various brightness levels, expert for Dark Images:, excels in displaying dark images, i.e. images remain clear in dark backgrounds, displays ‘perfect blacks’ through automatic control, Clear Your Vision: enjoy clear, crisp and bright images, alleviate eye strain when looking at small images, features: High brightness: 300 cd/m2, wide viewing angle: 170° / 170°, resolution WSXGA+: 1680 x 1050, Ultra high contrast ratio: 8000:1 (DFC), ultra fast response time: on/off 5ms, color depth (num of colors): 16.7M, PC input: 15 pin D-sub and DVI-D, size without stand: 516 x 346 x 63mm, superb 8000:1 Contrast, pin-sharp images with lively colours literally jumping off the screen, 3 year guarantee, price per item

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Not bad, I got the 22" LG in the recent iBood offer (a different model to this) and it is amazing, price for this is prob on the high side if willing to buy online but I doubt you'd get it cheaper anywhere else bricks and mortar.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

hmm. my gues is LG has at least 15 different 22" Flatron models....

Only when you know the exact type, one can say whether its a good deal.

If its LG W2242T than it cost about 90€ less on the continent (and you can get it shipped for 25€).

my guess its this one: LG W2242P.
    which Elara sells for 203€ (but out of stock)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Nothing spectacular at all imo. It doesn't have HDMI also, which is a big no no. A sure sign of a low end monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

thanks guys, can you recommend a decent monitor in a shop in Dublin for that price?! seriously need a new monitor!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dell have a monitor on sale tomorrow. Cant remember the size.

I got a 24inch full HD with HDMI last week for €260

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

kearnsr wrote: »

Where? And what model... please share :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

got 2 of these recently for myself for in work with 2ms responce time, DCR 10000:1 and am quite happy with them I have to say

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=52KG&CategorySelectedId=11109&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11109,412810000,379340000

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dagon wrote: »
    Where? And what model... please share :cool:

Dell S2409W 24-Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    € 225.60 + vat @ 21% = €272 (didnt calculate the vat the first time) + free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

What's the deal with using these monitors as a tv? I'd like to have it for the bedroom and I could get an extra cable box, it would mostly be for dvd's though - HDMI or normal player.
    Am I right in thinking that they'd be good for this and that the digital cable box would enable me to watch tv too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

kearnsr wrote: »
    Dell have a monitor on sale tomorrow. Cant remember the size.

Does it have speakers ?

• Advertisement

Does it have speakers ?

As far as I know it doesnt.

Expecting delivery next Wednesday so I'll know for defo then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

hmm. my gues is LG has at least 15 different 22" Flatron models....

Only when you know the exact type, one can say whether its a good deal.

If its LG W2242T than it cost about 90€ less on the continent (and you can get it shipped for 25€).

my guess its this one: LG W2242P.
    which Elara sells for 203€ (but out of stock)...

I had a closer look at the large poster outside my local Lidl today and the model number of the monitor photographed is LG W2242T.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Dell S2409W 24-Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    € 225.60 + vat @ 21% = €272 (didnt calculate the vat the first time) + free delivery
    This monitor is currently listed on the Dell site at €287.20

Advertisement