Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangor Trail Mayo

Options
  • 20-10-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

The National Park visitor centre in Ballycroy is looking for walkers who have hiked the Bangor Trail to appear in a short video diary. They're hoping to find English and Irish speakers from Mayo and foreign visitors as well. Anybody interested? Or do you know someone who might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Connacht

I have walked the section from Newport to Nephin Beg, through Srahmore. I reached map 10 on the guide, but never north of there.
    I would like to help out if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

That's great, I'll PM you the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭40701085

Hi,
    I hiked the trail last year, happy to give feedback if necessary.

(I'm from the West of Ireland myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sanches56

Hi, my parents walked it this year. Pm me the details of this, I think they will be interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

Thanks a million for expressing interest (sorry I didn't get back to you both before now because I was out of the country until yesterday). At this stage the filming and participants are set to go and all that is needed now is the weather to be kind for a day or two. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Various people in Newport have been involved in re-opening this trail.

Cllr Frank Chambers, Christy Loftus, Joe McDermott could be contacted. Also NADCO Newport Development Co.

The County COuncil were also involved - contact Iain Douglas in Planning Office.

Advertisement