Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant find LAN

Options
  • 20-10-2008 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

hoping someone can help. I recently had to reinstall XP on my Dell computer. That was grand, but now I have no access to the internet. Apparently I dont have LAN and i havent a clue how to reinstall that.

Any help would be appricated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Could you give some more info? I'm guessing that you don't have the drivers installed for your network card or wireless adapter. Have a look in device manager. Do Start --> Run -- > enter 'msconfig' (without quote marks) and hit enter. Do you see any yellow symbols beside any particular pieces of hardware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 d_tek

ethernet wrote: »
    Could you give some more info? I'm guessing that you don't have the drivers installed for your network card or wireless adapter. Have a look in device manager. Do Start --> Run -- > enter 'msconfig' (without quote marks) and hit enter. Do you see any yellow symbols beside any particular pieces of hardware?

Your answer seems very nice but I think you made a mistake about

==> Do Start --> Run -- > enter 'msconfig'

but it could be better

==> Do Start --> Config Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device manager

By this way, it could be better to see any yellow symbols beside any particular pieces of hardware (if it's the case...)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

you should also have a device driver disk with you dell computer. have a look around, it should be the specific software needed for things like the soundcard, network card, motherboard chipset.

once that's installed it should detect everything correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Or PM me the service tag and an e-mail address and I'll send the files you need to you..

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

d_tek wrote: »
    Your answer seems very nice but I think you made a mistake about

==> Do Start --> Run -- > enter 'msconfig'

but it could be better

==> Do Start --> Config Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device manager

By this way, it could be better to see any yellow symbols beside any particular pieces of hardware (if it's the case...)
    Sorry about that! It was a long day when I made that post. devmgmt.msc instead of msconfig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement