Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems Uninstalling Mc Afee. Please Help!

Options
  • 20-10-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

A few months ago, i got a legitimate Mc Afee Security installation cd from one of my mates and tried putting it on to my laptop. When i got to the regitering, it stated that it was already registered to my mate so I cancelled the installation....or so i thought.

In the meantime, i got sp1 for vista....

Then I downloaded the latest utorrent programme recently (1.8.1, which is supposed to work fine on vista) and it kept crashing so i checked out the security settings on my security programmes - zonealarm firewall, avg anti-virus and spybot s & d. They all seemed fine so I checked windows defender. It was deactivated but said that the Mc Afee firewall was turned on!!!! How is it still there when it is supposed to have been uninstalled?

I tried finding the programme everywhere, in the task manager processes section, programme files, install/uninstall programmes, etc. but there was no sign of it. The only place that I found any trace of it was in the security section of windows defender.

Has anyone else experienced something like this or has anyone any advice?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated....

Comments

Advertisement