Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IHL

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭

So after the inaguaral weekend whats everyone thinking?

Once again I'd say Pembroke and Three Rock are worth a punt.
    Although I wouldnt rule out Glens and a few of the Northern teams myself...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

I absolutely love the idea of the new IHL. Havne't seen any of the matches yet but hoping to go to the next ones.

New rules have been brought in for them haven't they? Anyone know what they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

They're trying to keep the game moving a bit more so I think they've altered some of the rules. The biggest thing they've done is split the game into quarters. 17.5 mins then a 2 mins break, another 17.5 mins then half time as normal, 17.5 mins another 2 mins break and then finishes with the last 17.5 mins. Haven't managed to make it to a game either, will try make it to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was at the Glens Annadale match ant the Railway/Pegasus one up north a few weeks ago. They are mush more fast paced than league games with the new rules.
    You can take a free to yourself now and no-one can be within 5 metres of you, so it works as you get some space out of it. Players are overusing it I though, sometimes a proper free in a good position was won and they'd just take it to themselves and squander the chance.

Yeah I can see how that might happen. When's the next round, next weekend is it?

Yup next round is on Saturday.
    Unfortunately I can't make it down to the Glens/Harlequins match because I have so much stuff due for college on Monday and have to work Saturday night.
    (Have my own match Saturday as well)

Anyone going to/playing in any of the games?

• Advertisement

Good result for the Glens thumping Quins 4-1. Should see us through to the semi's. Weaher interfered with alot of games.
    Cant see Annadale being too happy with their game being called off while they were 4-1 at the end of the third quarter...

Any idea how Loreto did against Pegasus today? I would have tried to make it up only I had college work to do to :(

tywy wrote: »
    Any idea how Loreto did against Pegasus today? I would have tried to make it up only I had college work to do to :(

Loreto/Pegasus was postponed due to bad weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

the new rules are great but very tiring..played in glenanne match, were very happy with win..solid home games and we should qualify..

As for the weather, with so many competitions on, seems like there will be alot of double weekends before and after xmas..p[rob just as easy to give up drinking for a while!!

• Advertisement

Instonians came back from 2-0 down to beat Pembroke 3-2 today! :eek:

Pembroke take the inaugural IHL with themselves and the Glens qualifying for the EHL next year.
    Looking forward to a weekend or two away now :D

Advertisement