Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Interesting 68 Dodge Charger Project

Options
  • 19-10-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I was glancing through the classifieds on Pistonheads, which is a regular occurance for me, and i was having a look at classic dodgers charge when i came across this ad. http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/725972.htm

Was reading the ad, when i saw the guy added a link to his restoration of the car and i found it a good read. Id love to be able to do something like that.

check out the project here. http://www.68charger.co.uk/

Id love that car, looks fantastic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

3 speed manual!? Back in the days when fuel economy wasn't a concern!

I'd rather go for an R/T version with the 4 speed gearbox, it was a shame though so many were destroyed for that stupid 'Dukes of Hazzard' show. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Some work there,very impressive!Gorgeous car too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i see that car, and i think of that scence in bullit, not the chase, but before the chase starts, with the charger crusing after mcqueen in the mustang. such a stunning car.

Yea the R/T440 would be the best choice, but that aint a bad model.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

There are a few in the American Car Club, and the dark green one showed up at our Boards classic meeting at the Coachmans a few weeks back, one of the guys that helped organise it owns it, and another one.

A good few of the lads on here know him.

Lovely cars, hard to find good ones now though !

MercMad wrote: »
    There are a few in the American Car Club, and the dark green one showed up at our Boards classic meeting at the Coachmans a few weeks back, one of the guys that helped organise it owns it, and another one.

This one?:

1968dodgechargerfrontjk3.jpg

• Advertisement

Max_Damage wrote: »
    This one?:

1968dodgechargerfrontjk3.jpg

its not for sale is it :P

I took that picture back in 2003!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

its not for sale is it :P

This particular car isnt for sale, but the same guy has a '69 that is nearing the end of a complete restoration that will be for sale. Would you have an interest?

This particular car isnt for sale, but the same guy has a '69 that is nearing the end of a complete restoration that will be for sale. Would you have an interest?

Its been a dream to have some classic american muscle. Passed a 69 mustang today, but wasnt in great nick. Yup id have an interest

Its been a dream to have some classic american muscle. Passed a 69 mustang today, but wasnt in great nick. Yup id have an interest

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Lotsa American Muscle tipping round this small isle of ours, there's always stuff changing hands and some really, really good stuff available at the min. Anyone with any interest can PM me and I'll point ya in the right direction.

Kevin - can ya PM me details on your meets if possible - lotsa lads out there that love the opportunity of meeting up and chewing the fat and going for a wee cruise!

Vengeance - packed looking show that, had to be Terenure right?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Lotsa American Muscle tipping round this small isle of ours, there's always stuff changing hands and some really, really good stuff available at the min. Anyone with any interest can PM me and I'll point ya in the right direction.

Kevin - can ya PM me details on your meets if possible - lotsa lads out there that love the opportunity of meeting up and chewing the fat and going for a wee cruise!

Vengeance - packed looking show that, had to be Terenure right?

That photograph was taken at the Moynalty Steam Threshing in Co. Meath if memory serves, thats my Galaxie 500 on the left of the Charger.

I think the meet ups and cruises have dried up until the New Year. There will probably be another informal one organised by MercMad at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Come rain or shine we try to get out a couple of times each month so lettuce know dude. Personally I prefer meet ups and a cruise then sitting round at a show all day. Like the Galaxie dude - were ya part of the Kilbeggan gig this year man?

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Come rain or shine we try to get out a couple of times each month so lettuce know dude. Personally I prefer meet ups and a cruise then sitting round at a show all day. Like the Galaxie dude - were ya part of the Kilbeggan gig this year man?

You're far better off. Those cars thrive on regular exercise.

Unfortunetly I didnt make it to Kilbeggan this year. Always a good turn out.

Advertisement