Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time to Oz..help needed!

Options
  • 19-10-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Decided I’m going to fill up the backpack next month and head off into the sun for a month.
    Requirements, sun, nice women and a place where I can travel on my own and link up with other folks..
    What are my options baring in mind I haven’t booked anything and have just three weeks to go!
    Looked at Australia, any sites where I could plot an itinery and find out are there any other single travelers heading?
    Flights wise looking at 1500 return which seems steep…will I do any better?
    Or is it tough because I’ve left it too late..
    If I book flights in and out of Sydney for now, can I plan the rest later/on the flight?!
    Whats the situation with the exchange rate, will I find it relatively ok?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

aushejkwh wrote: »
    Decided I’m going to fill up the backpack next month and head off into the sun for a month.
    Requirements, sun, nice women and a place where I can travel on my own and link up with other folks..
    What are my options baring in mind I haven’t booked anything and have just three weeks to go!
    Looked at Australia, any sites where I could plot an itinery and find out are there any other single travelers heading?
    Not any specific sites off the top of my head, but no matter where you go other single travellers will also be there
    If I book flights in and out of Sydney for now, can I plan the rest later/on the flight?!
    I don't know can you? Only you can answer the question, it's not that hard to read a lonely planet and figure out where you want to go
    Whats the situation with the exchange rate, will I find it relatively ok?
    the euro is doing fantastic, gained 20% or so in the last month on the dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

aushejkwh wrote: »
    Yes, and I think that's probably the best way to do it. You should sort out your transportation once you arrive, you should get a rail or greyhound bus ticket and a lonely planet or rough guide, pick some places you'd like to see and go where the road takes you.

There are loads of people travelling alone, all you need to do to meet them is book into a hostel.

I think the key thing is not to overplan your trip. Have a few things that you really want to do and do them, but otherwise be flexible and see what comes your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mclovin

www.travelfish.org

Should pretty much have a lot of the info you need. I find it v. helpful at least.

Advertisement