Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jörg Haider

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

rather suspect alright, he didnt make the news over here much, nothing about his death and some very one sided reporting about him, whenever he would make the news there would usualy be an introduction reminding us of what a 'Hate Filled Nazi' he was then they would roll out his speech on whatever topic he was discussing

course we cant speculate as to who might have done this as that would be Defamation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Most of the mainstream media that I have seen so far on the story is very quick to make him appear as an anti immigration nazi. This article from the RTE is almost laughable as they say he was 4 times over the legal limit, which no doubt will aid the irish in their "war on drink driving"
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1018/haiderj.html

Not a mention of the fact that he could have been the next Head of the EU rotating presidency. Nor is there any mention of Mossad going through his garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Most of the mainstream media that I have seen so far on the story is very quick to make him appear as an anti immigration nazi. This article from the RTE is almost laughable as they say he was 4 times over the legal limit, which no doubt will aid the irish in their "war on drink driving"
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1018/haiderj.html

Not a mention of the fact that he could have been the next Head of the EU rotating presidency. Nor is there any mention of Mossad going through his garbage.

You've lost me, why is the article laughable? It appears he was doing twice the speed limit and four times over the alcohol limit, that's what I'd call monumentally stupid. Where's the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

meglome wrote: »
    You've lost me, why is the article laughable? It appears he was doing twice the speed limit and four times over the alcohol limit, that's what I'd call monumentally stupid. Where's the conspiracy?

He was 3 times over the limit from looking at the 19th Oct press release & he was doing 142km in a 70km zone.

Just because he was over the legal limit does not mean that foul/political play can be ruled out. People have been driving sloshed for 100+ years some people are probably even good at it:eek:

The main reason I posted that article as it was almost typical of all the msm in that they call him all or some of the following anti-EU, anti-immigration, far right, nazi, gay bar etc
    While failing to point out that Haider could have been the next EU president who was anti EU. Surely this should have been mentioned:rolleyes:

'It is correct that...Jörg Haider was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. I can, and must, confirm that,' said Stefan Petzner, the new leader of Mr Haider's Alliance for Austria's Future party.
    ;)

Also after that he said he didn't seem sloshed & he dropped off his driver. I don't think the driver would have let him drive home if he was 3 times over the legal limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

course we cant speculate as to who might have done this as that would be Defamation ;)

I have a feeling that those two hitmen Jack Daniels and Arthur Guinness may have had a big part to play here. Or that other yank, what's this his name is? ... oh yeah, Buddy .... Buddy Weiser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

He was 3 times over the limit from looking at the 19th Oct press release & he was doing 142km in a 70km zone.

Just because he was over the legal limit does not mean that foul/political play can be ruled out. People have been driving sloshed for 100+ years some people are probably even good at it:eek:

The main reason I posted that article as it was almost typical of all the msm in that they call him all or some of the following anti-EU, anti-immigration, far right, nazi, gay bar etc
    While failing to point out that Haider could have been the next EU president who was anti EU. Surely this should have been mentioned:rolleyes:

'It is correct that...Jörg Haider was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the accident. I can, and must, confirm that,' said Stefan Petzner, the new leader of Mr Haider's Alliance for Austria's Future party.
    ;)

Also after that he said he didn't seem sloshed & he dropped off his driver. I don't think the driver would have let him drive home if he was 3 times over the legal limit.

People don't need to look drunk to actually be drunk. Speeding whilst drunk or just driving whilst drunk is the way many people die around the world every day or worse they kill other innocent people. So if I understand this right, if they're famous it's a conspiracy but if they're anonymous it's just bad luck. So were the things the main stream media said about him not true?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Some photos of the crash. Check the hole on the drivers side of the roof!

Could this not have been caused by the Fire & Rescue brigade, they tend do do things like take doors & roofs off to get at the people inside cars..
    With Austria due to be holders of the next EU presidency

Actually the Czech Republic are next up. Austria held the EU presideny in 2006 and are not due again to hold it until 2019.

Advertisement