Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do the postgrad courses start, roughly?

Options
  • 18-10-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Does it vary from college to college? I know this is a very noobish, uniformed question. I'm not sure when I have to apply. How long in advance? And what month of the year would they start?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

They generally start in October. If they still have vacancies, they'll let you apply right up to the start of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Cellar_Door

Oh right, thanks. I thought they started a little earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭King John V

Alot of the NUIG postgrad courses start in the first or second week of September.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

When courses start does indeed vary from college to college. For example, UCD postgrad courses start in September, as do those in NUIG, while TCD don't start until October. There may be a little lea-way if you're taking a 'research' course as opposed to a taught course. Moreover, if you're taking a 'research' course, you may be able to start in January instead of September/October. Your best bet would be to get in touch with the relevant department/school and talk to them about start dates, possible lea-way, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

DCU postgrad : mine started on the last week in september.

when I was investigating postgrads earlier in the year there was one course that also had entry in january ( this was the Msc in Business Informatics )

there also was an Msc in finance in TCD which started sometime in spring 2008 .

if the course you are interested in is semesterised ( i think this is the correct technical term ) you might be able to get entry to the second semester and do the first semester in september of the following year.

contact the relevant college yourself and see if you can arrange something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement