Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid term break & Christmas hols. UU

Options
  • 18-10-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Deos a mtb exist, or even a subject wide "reading week"

Also, anyone know when christmas hols start/finish?

I'n in UUC but don't know if be same for all the unis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

you might have a reading week on that week but in general mtbs dont exist, if ya have a reading week you would no by now. christmas holidays are around the 13th that week anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Reading weeks strictly speaking 'dont exist' but in reality lecturers will often factor one in. However, as they're not really meant to give them (this is what we were always told in UUM), they can schedule them on different weeks for different modules so you never actually get a whole week off at the one time :rolleyes:

If you were going to have one it'd most likely be listed in your module guide.

Xmas hols starts on Friday 12th....earlier if your lecturers are feeling generous!

but are you not in a week later than us cause your now at queens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

It appears I may have reading weeks for some modules but not all the same week. So that's me not going home for halloween,

As regards christmas olidays, we're off weeks 13 & 14 and then exams in week 15 it seems to be?

It appears I may have reading weeks for some modules but not all the same week. So that's me not going home for halloween,

As regards christmas olidays, we're off weeks 13 & 14 and then exams in week 15 it seems to be?

yeah i think thats the way it works

• Advertisement

regob wrote: »
    but are you not in a week later than us cause your now at queens

Dunno...don't care....no exams for me lol

ellscurr wrote: »
    Dunno...don't care....no exams for me lol

is that one of the benefits queens has over uu

regob wrote: »
    is that one of the benefits queens has over uu

Nah it's one of the benefits a Masters has over undergrad. Don't miss the exams (or associated cramming) one bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Urbanrose

for me at uuc.. xmas holidays start 12th december, and 1st lecture back is 26th january with exams in between. prob different for everyone tho.

Advertisement