Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Terrorism - Student Arrested

Options
  • 18-10-2008 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

Student Arrested For Terroristic Threatening Says Incident A Misunderstanding

A George Rogers Clark High School junior arrested Tuesday for making terrorist threats told LEX 18 News Thursday that the "writings" that got him arrested are being taken out of context.

Winchester police say William Poole, 18, was taken into custody Tuesday morning. Investigators say they discovered materials at Poole's home that outline possible acts of violence aimed at students, teachers, and police.

Poole told LEX 18 that the whole incident is a big misunderstanding. He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.

"My story is based on fiction," said Poole, who faces a second-degree felony terrorist threatening charge. "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."

Even so, police say the nature of the story makes it a felony. "Anytime you make any threat or possess matter involving a school or function it's a felony in the state of Kentucky," said Winchester Police detective Steven Caudill.

Poole disputes that he was threatening anyone.

"It didn't mention nobody who lives in Clark County, didn't mention (George Rogers Clark High School), didn't mention no principal or cops, nothing,"
    said Poole. "Half the people at high school know me. They know I'm not that stupid, that crazy."

On Thursday, a judge raised Poole's bond from one to five thousand dollars after prosecutors requested it, citing the seriousness of the charge.

Poole is being held at the Clark County Detention Center.

http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=2989614

Gotta love America's take on Freedom of speech these days...

And what kind of asshole grandparents are they... the first course of action is to go to the police instead of talking to their own grandson?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Republican grandparents, to answer your questions. And they're probably safe from zombie attacks, seeing as theuy don't have brains.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Seriously, WTF?!?!:mad:
    Now I understand why the girls are getting these voice protected diaries now-a-days, keep them from being charged with terrorist activities for thinking of evil things to do to people who irk them. Can't even write out fantasies anymore, best warn the folks writing fan fiction that they're next on the US government's list.:rolleyes:

Surely for the actual text to have been "a threat" the lad himself would have had to submitted it, not his gobsh*te grandparents?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

farohar wrote: »
    Seriously, WTF?!?!:mad:
    Now I understand why the girls are getting these voice protected diaries now-a-days, keep them from being charged with terrorist activities for thinking of evil things to do to people who irk them. Can't even write out fantasies anymore, best warn the folks writing fan fiction that they're next on the US government's list.:rolleyes:

Surely for the actual text to have been "a threat" the lad himself would have had to submitted it, not his gobsh*te grandparents?

But then thing is it didn't even mention any real peoples names or his high schools name.

Although if his grammar as quoted here is anything to go by I'd say the story wasn't all that great a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

But then thing is it didn't even mention any real peoples names or his high schools name.

Although if his grammar as quoted here is anything to go by I'd say the story wasn't all that great a read.
    True:
    "It's a fake story. I made it up. I've been working on one of my short stories, (and) the short story they found was about zombies. Yes, it did say a high school. It was about a high school over ran by zombies."
    Seems very "See Spot. See Spot run. Run Spot, run"-ish to me.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think they should arrest Joss Whedon too...

I've seen a few episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer... there's a good chance that he'll act out his sick fantasies at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

lets just hope that even though he has been arrested and charged with a non existent crime it turns out the guy IS the next unabomber and this will have been all for the best, we can sleep well knowing we are safe.

safe until the dead walk the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think he's a genius! A US maximum security prison would probably be one of the safest places to be during an outbreak. He must know something the rest of us don't. Now where'd I put my kidnap list?

Advertisement