Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pain in the neck

Options
  • 18-10-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

i have recenlty made the change from a riser handlebar back to a flat as i prefer the handling but have noticed my neck is hurting after each ride. does this mean the i should go back to a riser?hope not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Hi, don't think you have to change the bars, might have to do something with the stem you're using though.

The change to flats will have dropped you maybe 1 -2 cm in height at the bars so you could find your position on the bike a bit more stretched.

If your stem is pure flat now try flipping it over (up) to get some of the lost height back or maybe consider a shorter stem to bring you to a more upright position.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

It may just take some getting used to. If the pain is going down your arms i'd be abit concerned BTW. Usually best to make changes gradually. Different people can tolerate lower positions but it can take time. If you're in a club ask one of the more experienced riders ro have a look at your position. Otherwise might be worth going to the shop you got he bike from to ask then have a look.

Advertisement