Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA 5x12: Outsiders **SPOILERS**

Options
  • 18-10-2008 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

outsiders.png
    Col. Sheppard and his team locate Dr. Beckett on an alien planet where he is treating a small group of survivors of the Hoffan plague. These patients, who escaped a Wraith attack on their home world, Balar, have found sanctuary and friendship on this alien planet. But that same evening, a party of Wraith warriors appears before the village's councilors, demanding that the refugees be turned over to them, threatening total annihilation if they refuse.

The Balarians, aware that they are not only immune, but lethal to a Wraith, fear there is no chance the townspeople will continue to harbor them. And they may be right. Despite Sheppard's best efforts, it appears that the original residents intend to sacrifice the newcomers in order to save themselves.

What did you think of 5x13 Outsiders? 26 votes

A for Asgard
    0%
    Good
    3%
    Thor 1 vote
    McKay
    19%
    User45701SherifuThe GnomedemanMahatma coat 5 votes
    Bad
    53%
    VenomSimiIvanThe_BullmanPugsleyMr Ejor elCatsmokinpotJ-blkalastair_doomsilat liamOverhealNiskamthd 14 votes
    Thank got it's been cancelled
    23%
    azezilPepe LeFritsJohnKixoybada_bingtoiletduck 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Good
    Decent Episode!!!

some good scenes with beckett and mckay!!!

all and all i enjoyed this episode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Bad
    Seeing Beckett back was good, but the episode overall felt weak - saw both "twists" with Beckett and ambushing the Wraith coming from miles away and the pacing was a bit slow... I'm still wondering what direction it's going to go towards for the big finale...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bad
    it didnt keep my attention at all. wraith were too out of character for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was also a bit bored by it. A filler in my view and a rehashed storyline that has been done to death. Good villager - bad villager -sellout to bad guys - unexpected heroes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

McKay
    ah it was alright, Stargate annoys me sometimes,why dont they work on perfectin the hofan virus so that its not 50%+ lethal?

McKay and becket are always a good combo tho, so I'll forgive em for the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bad
    I was kind of bored too.... I always roll my eyes when an episode begins with a forest or medieval village... 9 out of 10 times its filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Bad
    The things i hated about this episode are:

no-one in the cast seemed to think that the wraith would just feed on all/most the villagers anyway as soon as the poisoned ones were removed.

Also felt a bit uneasy about them sacrificing the 'bad guy' villagers, even tho they made a point earlier about them not being bad enough to kill, but just acting out in self defense. Killing some villagers to potentially save others seems odd.

And why would Michael have given Beckett the Hoffman virus? Seemed unnecessary.

Maybe i just missed this part, but did the first group of Balarans (at the gate under wraith supervision) get moved onto the hive ship, then forgotten about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Bad
    Also felt a bit uneasy about them sacrificing the 'bad guy' villagers, even tho they made a point earlier about them not being bad enough to kill, but just acting out in self defense. Killing some villagers to potentially save others seems odd.

And why would Michael have given Beckett the Hoffman virus? Seemed unnecessary.

Maybe i just missed this part, but did the first group of Balarans (at the gate under wraith supervision) get moved onto the hive ship, then forgotten about?

Good points. I forgot about the group of Balarans at the gate, no idea what happened to them. Presumable they were taken through the gate or up to the hive ship.

The killing of the few villagers in the mine was also a bit dodgy. Seemed very out of character for the team to do this.

Apart from that, not a bad episode. It was nice to see Beckett again, he's one of my favorite characters in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McKay
    Mr E wrote: »
    I was kind of bored too.... I always roll my eyes when an episode begins with a forest or medieval village... 9 out of 10 times its filler.
    I had the same reaction when I saw it starting. There're only so many medieval villages I can take per season. :(

Wasn't a great episode. On reflection it only deserved a McKay.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Also unimpressed and indeed I did roll my eyes when they brought on the old village set. I was already bored then and started to wonder how they got the materials to build the village with only 700 people in it - how did they manufacture the guns for example? Or even the metals used to build the prison bars - where is the local iron foundry? If they get all this through trade then what are they trading and how is it sustainable for a village of this size?

See that's how bored I was - other than some good Beckett/McKay scenes, this episode was poor for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Very boring episode that was all the same old crap we've seen before. Maybe its not such a bad thing the shows being cancelled after all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

So many questions:

- Why did several hundred villagers running through the gate only look like being about a dozen?
    - How can Rodney not be able to turn a dart on yet still be able to rapidly reprogram the wraith transporter?
    - Why do the henchman always have such astonishingly bad aim (Beckett takes out four, firing wildly without any cover)?

And so many more. Extremely poor episode after a couple of good uns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Aw crap :mad:

Terrible episode, for all the above stated reasons ... How did Rodney and Carson gets beamed into a Dart in the first place? Did Todd turn up to help them? Why didn't they pass out when they were beamed back out? (all right I know Ronon doesn't pass out during that portion of things, but he's probably built up an "immunity to it"). Disgusted at Sheppard acting out of character in blowing the C4 knowing full well there were humans in the tunnels...

Advertisement