Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I ask the landlord to fix this?

Options
  • 18-10-2008 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Moved into a place about 6 weeks ago; I didn't see it before I moved in, I trusted my friend I moved in with.

Anyway, the water plumbing/pressure in the bathroom is bad

- The toilet usually won't flush on the first attempt.

- The cold tap doesn't run.

- Despite having an electric shower, water pressure is poor [a decent shower is somewhat important after a long day]

It's up to the landlord to sort this? I've been away so haven't gotten around to calling yet is all but I wanted to see if it's his responsibility.

We'd hardly have to pay anything for it to be fixed will we? or is that up to the landlord?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭shooter1978

as far as i now yes the landlord is expected to fix this . tenents have alot more rights these days . their are various agencies that will answer this question for you , cant think of the name but if ya google it you will find .
    i know as a landlord in the past i woud have fixed this problem for my tenant

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

What sort of power shower is it? The one I use (T90i, I think) can loose it's power after a few months, and I have to unscrew the nozzle and empty the build up of stuff in it out. Maybe the same in your place. Your mate may not have noticed it if they used it all the time (it'd be a gradual decrease, so they may not have noticed it).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends,is it in North Dublin by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd say if the cold tap isn't running, the landlord is obliged to sort it. You might ask a plumber to take a look and give an estimate, then pass that along to the l/lord.

Advertisement