Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Fiesta looks very good in the metal

Options
  • 17-10-2008 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Just seen the new Fiesta (in very high spec) on a street in County Cork. It definitely has a a big visual impact. Just noticed that some people (ordinary non car lovin' folk) on the street tended to notice it too. Mr Smith and Ford have got this dead right, just like the company did with the original Focus.

Just thinking the Fiesta name doesn't do it justice, though its nice to keep it for old time sake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Have'nt seen one in the flesh yet but this looks alright.Not quite so mad about the five door.The small alloys dont do this any justice. Dont like that interior at all, though.Looks far too cheap, i think

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It looks savage! Such a huge step up from the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The small alloys dont do this any justice.

That's the entry version, and they're all coming with alloy wheels as standard in Ireland:eek:! The new Fiesta will be one of the very few cars on the market where the basic Irish spec will be higher, MUCH higher than that in the UK.

The other Fiesta you mentioned is a 1.6 that manages to be in band B for VRT. Can you imagine what the ordinary Joe is going tyo think when he/she sees that the 1.25, 1.4 AND the 1.6 share the same tax band, because they're almost the same for mpg and CO2:eek::eek:?

Such a pity Ford won't bring in the 1.6 TDCi and the ECOnetic version for Ireland though:(.

I'd like people to have something other than the Prius to choose for a low CO2/high mpg car.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

it's all a matter of taste.

imo:
    front looks good.
    side is ok
    rear is ugly

inside looks cheap

it has nothing special, a Mazda 2 looks the same.

And i find it dear.

sorry .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Jeff Bond wrote: »
    it has nothing special, a Mazda 2 looks the same.

A Mazda2 drew a similarly good impression on a street in Kilkenny this year. Even a mate with minus zero interest in cars asked me what it was. The Mazda is largely overlooked by the press though (even though excellent reviews).

As it's on the same platform does it have the same weight-saving philosophy as the Mazda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think its fantastic. Im glad it has a good spec. Although I dont like the entry level one with the small wheels and plain front bumper.

There is nothing worse than all the bottom spec stuff rolling around with Autoxchange stickers on them. They look so cheap with non met, hubcaps(usually missing) and non colour coded bumpers.

Advertisement