Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Penalty Points

Options
  • 17-10-2008 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi guys,
    Have a question that I can't find the answer to anywhere so hopefully someone here will know. Basically I work for civil service and and have handed my drivers number over to my boss to be checked by I presume the gardai. The reason I handed it over is because I got a slight promotion that involves a small bit driving of a state owned car. The boss asked have I ever been disqualified or anything, I said no. He asked had I penalty points and I said no, however I do. I know, I know, stupid. I know the Department Of Transport hold penalty points records that I can access. Can the gardai or any state body access my penatly points record through the pulse or any other means?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Hi guys,
    Have a question that I can't find the answer to anywhere so hopefully someone here will know. Basically I work for civil service and and have handed my drivers number over to my boss to be checked by I presume the gardai. The reason I handed it over is because I got a slight promotion that involves a small bit driving of a state owned car. The boss asked have I ever been disqualified or anything, I said no. He asked had I penalty points and I said no, however I do. I know, I know, stupid. I know the Department Of Transport hold penalty points records that I can access. Can the gardai or any state body access my penatly points record through the pulse or any other means?
    Thanks.

No the Gardai cannot check PULSE to see how many points you have ir when they were put on but as you have already pointed out the DoT can. When did get the points?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

I would be surprised if your boss is given any information about penalty points. The DOT do not store information on penalty points for the purpose of enabling anybody in the Civil Service to check up on anybody's driving record. The records are maintained so that you can eventually be banned from driving if you accumulate 12 points. Most likely your boss is bluffing that he can access the records.Unless there has been agreement at very senior levels in the Civil Service to making information available the DOT is likely to tell your bosss to p*** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 instruction

I got the points just over 2 years ago so I'm not too bad. Thanks very much for the help guys. I was thinking alright the only reason they want my license is to see have I any endorsements or anything. Is that the kind of motor offence records the garda pulse system stores?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

The endorsements are recorded on the licence itself. They will also want to check that you actually have a licence!

Advertisement