Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser eye surgery abroad???

Options
  • 17-10-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi im thinking about getting my eyes done and wondering does anyone have any experience of getting it done abroad for cheaper?

I know people travel to get dental work done a lot cheaper so wondering does the same apply for the eye surgery....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

Jesus. I don't know. There's a big difference between someone poking around in your mouth and someone shooting a high powered laser into your eye. I wouldn't do it myself but that's just my opinion.

I got mine done in the Wellington Clinic years ago. I basically have a lifetime guarantee. If I needed any adjustments they would be free. Would seem a bit more complicated if you had it done abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

h8red wrote: »
    Jesus. I don't know. There's a big difference between someone poking around in your mouth and someone shooting a high powered laser into your eye. I wouldn't do it myself but that's just my opinion.

I got mine done in the Wellington Clinic years ago. I basically have a lifetime guarantee. If I needed any adjustments they would be free. Would seem a bit more complicated if you had it done abroad

+1 on this, I'd mine done a couple of yrs ago in the Mater and had numerous check ups over the next yr ... are you going to fly back for them each time?? Your eyes are very precious - are they worth risking for a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Diageo1

Yes the two of you are dead right, I obviously never gave it much thought... The idea just popped into my head, there are a few things I could take the chance with but the eyes are not one of them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They also recommend not flying for a while after gettng eye surgery, for me it was a week, so you'll have to count the additional costs of food and lodging, and then the costs of flying or travelling for your regular check ups.
    I's a non-runner imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 minimanminifan

Jip wrote: »
    They also recommend not flying for a while after gettng eye surgery, for me it was a week, so you'll have to count the additional costs of food and lodging, and then the costs of flying or travelling for your regular check ups.
    I's a non-runner imo.

Look into the technology involved, its all about the system used. The leading technology is the advanced custom vies process using the VISX S4 laser and wavescan. If your in Ireland then try the wellington, or dundrum eye clinic or OE (optical express) they all have custom view

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

What are you talking about ?

Advertisement