Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need a battery for the spare car,anyone got one?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

car is a ford ka, long time didnt use it so the battery is totally dead, and the NCT is expaired few months,too. going to do the NCT recently, but dont want to buy a new battery for it. any idea where can i get a good used one?
    or I should just buy a new one at all. nothing about the price,just i dont use the car at all. a new battery still can be dead again after few months not driving the car. the old battery can not being recharged.thats why I need another one.

size idea see link below:
    http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_264157_langId_-1_categoryId_165762#BVQAWidgetID

Just buy a new one. If you started the car regularly and drove it for a bit it most likely wouldn't go dead. You can also get a flat battery (but not a dead battery), recharged. If you leave a battery for long enough without using it, it starts to suffer from sulphation, where sulpher deposits gather within the battery plates and the plates no longer hold a charge.

Best advice is just get a new one, end of problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

ok. I ll buy a new one tomorrow. last time I start the car before yesterday was ... couldnt remember that long.ha. if I didnt get that NCT reminder letter, I wont even try to start it.
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

another question:

start power is...???

I found on the web one with 440amps start power another with 360amps, will the 440 one die faster than the 360 one? I know 440 is easier to start a car, but I dont drive the car, so i need something can last long.

440 or 360 amps better for me?

Advertisement