Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexander Armstrong to host Countdown?

Options
  • 17-10-2008 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

When I heard that he was on the shortlist I was a bit discombobulated I have to say but it looks like he has the gig. His apparent rival Jeff Stelling (yes the Jeff Stelling) declined a screen test.

Anyway it seems like a long way from Armstrong and Miller to high tea-time number and letters.

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My immediate thought was "Who?". Then google jumped in.
    "Oh, him..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Maybe they're trying to send Countdown in a new comedic direction. I mean they've already got the youth on board with the young ages of the contestents these days.
    Maybe they're going to try and make Countdown 'cool' to the average teenage viewer. At least it'd bring up their grades in literacy and numeracy.

But I've never really considered him all that funny and to be honest I think he'll be doing the show a disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ah but countdown is on just as most schools let out, so they're more likely to be going after the hung-over college students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't see this working out well. I like him, but I don't think he'll suit the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Whatever about replacing Des O'Connor, the real challenge will be finding someone to replace Carol

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rachel stevens would get my vote

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mordeth wrote: »
    rachel stevens would get my vote
    A topless Rachael Stevens bouncing on a small trampoline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

A topless Rachael Stevens bouncing on a small trampoline.

Be hard for her to use the calculator tho.

Advertisement