Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic solutions 19" LCD in Argos...

Options
  • 17-10-2008 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

...coming in at €239 or the DVD built-in version for €299 and get a wall mount for half price from 49.99 to 24.99.

Are Acoustic Solutions any good? I was looking at a Philips equivalent for €270 (without DVD) so the question is which one do I go for?

The Acoustic Solutions deal sounds good but I never really heard of them whereas Philips have been around forever and may therefore have better build quality/picture/sound/reliability etc

So which one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I've had an Acoustic Solutions Hi Fi, from Argos, for the last four years. Its still gong strong. Build quality and sound quality are superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

This is only £129 stg in the North/UK...a saving of ~€60.

[edit] oops apologies...that price offer has expired and it's back up to £159...still cheaper than the south though...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I've had 2 Acoustic Solutions Portable DVD players, both were faulty after a month or so, so maybe do a bit of research on the quality. (One was a replacement of the first one I bought - I lost the receipt for the second one (/facepalm) and Argos wouldn't take it back. Knackered "as new" portable DVD player anyone...?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

bought a hisense 19 inch LCD last weekend in Harvey Normans €197 great job

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

I should have added that it is a 19" Widescreen as opposed to the square 4:3 type.

I saw Harvey Norman with a special on a 4:3 Philips LCD for €199 but its a Widescreen LCD I'm looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Power City have a Bush 19" widescreen for €176.65

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

This evening i bought an ebuyer.com esense 19" LCD TV with integrated DVD for about just under €238 including delivery due next Wednesday

Product link is here. Just a customer by the way! ;)

I used Google Checkout to ensure I was able to order, guys extremely helpful and even had over the phone customer support to ensure I could order.

Very much looking forward to it arriving. Their TVs are great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Beware the picture quality on these cheapos is normally crap especially the resolution and contrast you'll probably also find that you have to be looking straight ahead at it to be able to watch properly so if you plan on putting it in a bedroom or kitchen you may find it hard to watch as you move position.
    I got a refurb 15" Bush on Luzerntech's eBay shop for €80 DVD, USB built in for the money it's grand but the better known brands such as Philips will definitely have better picture quality (I have a 37" Philips it's great and you can watch from any angle)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

eamon234 wrote: »
    Beware the picture quality on these cheapos is normally crap especially the resolution and contrast you'll probably also find that you have to be looking straight ahead at it to be able to watch properly so if you plan on putting it in a bedroom or kitchen you may find it hard to watch as you move position.
    I got a refurb 15" Bush on Luzerntech's eBay shop for €80 DVD, USB built in for the money it's grand but the better known brands such as Philips will definitely have better picture quality (I have a 37" Philips it's great and you can watch from any angle)

The AS LCD mentioned here suffers from none of those problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

While we're on the subject, Boffer have a sell off starting tonight at 11.59 there are some 20" LCD's for £59.99 according to the website might be worth a look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Big Tone wrote: »
    ...coming in at €239 or the DVD built-in version for €299 and get a wall mount for half price from 49.99 to 24.99.

Are Acoustic Solutions any good? I was looking at a Philips equivalent for €270 (without DVD) so the question is which one do I go for?

The Acoustic Solutions deal sounds good but I never really heard of them whereas Philips have been around forever and may therefore have better build quality/picture/sound/reliability etc

So which one?

Have one at home in the kitchen its not bad. First one we got a pixel wasn’t working on the screen so we gave it back and got another one, But that one was the same. Didn’t give it back tho as you cant see it unless your looking for it. Have it for the last 2 years I think the one with the dvd player. Cost €400 when it was bought i think. Over all its been going grand and its alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

eamon234 wrote: »
    While we're on the subject, Boffer have a sell off starting tonight at 11.59 there are some 20" LCD's for £59.99 according to the website might be worth a look

Anyone ever bought from Boffer.co.uk before? What are they like for delivery, customer service etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Anyone ever bought from Boffer.co.uk before? What are they like for delivery, customer service etc?

I took them up on their 5 2gb sdmicro cards offer. Worked out at around €20 euro delivered which was great value. Of course they were just shoved in an envelope and arrived to me after about a week so i dont know what they would be like for something bigger. I did order their 20gb 1.8inch hdd last night so hopefully there wont be any problems with that either.

Advertisement