Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Efficient small diesels from The Last Word

Options
  • 17-10-2008 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

I just caught the end of a piece on The Last Word last night about the most fuel-efficient cars, and didn't hear the top 10. Did anyone catch the list ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

I didn't hear it but you can catch previous shows here:
    http://www.radioireland.ie/lastword/lastword.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

The only ones that I remember were the Yaris, VW Golf & Polo Bluemotion, Vauxhall/Opel Corsa. The spokesman for Which magazine was a bit rushed so he wasn't that clear. They were surveying diesels btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Off topic, but lovely Triumph 245.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

Cheers! Wish the years had been as kind to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There was everything included in the replies above and the Fiat 500 even scored in it.

It was not just a test for the top ten in relation to MPG only. It was also in relation to safety and value.

The guy from Top Gear Magazine kept of reffering to the vehicles as being better value because of fuel prices and the spec of each vehicle. Matt kept telling him that fuel prices are different here and vehicles here do not have the same Spec as continental vehicles. It never sank in.

He said his favourite vehicle in the top 10 was between the Hyundai i10 and the kia Picanto for price and spec.

• Advertisement
Advertisement