Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room for rent in Melbourne

Options
  • 17-10-2008 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I saw a few people were talking about accommodation in Melbourne so I thought I'd chance my arm.

We have an unfurnished room for rent in our 2 bed victorian terrace in East Brunswick, off Lygon St. Quick tram ride to the city, university of Melbourne and lots of shopping areas.

It would suit one person, maybe a couple, if we like you ;) You'd be living with me, an Irish girl and my partner, an Aussie, both in our mid-twenties. We have the lease until August 09. Rent would be $541 per month.

Reply or PM me if you're interested :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

Hi Dee,
    I would be interested in renting the room!!
    Is there a bond (Im trying to find somewhere with no bond)
    Have you any photos?
    Are you smokers?
    Is there wireless internet?
    Are bills included?
    Im from waterford, male and 23 and working on st kilda road, currently living in a hostel but need somewhere a bit slower paced for now. Drop me a pm if you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Sorry, the room has been rented. Put an ad on gumtree and about 30 people called in the space of an afternoon. Is the market really that crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

the dee wrote: »
    Sorry, the room has been rented. Put an ad on gumtree and about 30 people called in the space of an afternoon. Is the market really that crazy?
    Really?
    B0ll0cks, was thinking of getting a new place but will have to be prepared to stay put i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Damn that doesn't bode well. I may be looking for a place in the new year myself.

By the way, we're practically neighbours ;)

Hey you, tell us more!:mad:

• Advertisement

By the way, we're practically neighbours ;)

Where are you based?
    Hey you, tell us more!:mad:

What more do you want to know?

What more do you want to know?

I think what brendan wants to know is what kind of people called, was there talk of omg we couldnt find anything else blaa blaa blaa out of the people ywho came to see the room etc etc.

Brendan, try not to be so rude in future, we are a friendly bunch here and we want to keep it that way.:D

Where are you based?

Brunswick East between Lygon and Nicholson.

Brunswick East between Lygon and Nicholson.

Hmmm.... So are we.... You must be quite close by then? Are you near a Nando's by any chance?

Well, we arranged for 5 people to come over on Saturday and see the room, have a chat and whatnot. Most of them were moving from one place to another. 2 of them had recently arrived in Melbourne and were looking for their first place. The guy we went with had only been here a week so I guess that's pretty quick to find a place, but the other newcomer had been looking for 5 weeks.

I think there's a lot of rooms and rental properties out there, but also a lot of people looking for them. It seems to be a game of luck, if someone likes you or not, if you apply at just the right time etc. Hope that helps :)

Hmmm.... So are we.... You must be quite close by then? Are you near a Nando's by any chance?

I'm closer to the McDonalds. I'm just off Albion Street.

• Advertisement

Wow, that is close by. Maybe we should all meet for drinks some night? Is anyone else in the area?

Advertisement