Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error when re-installing game

Options
  • 16-10-2008 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I cant reinstall a game of mine, even though I removed the program and all save files. I get an binkw32.dll not found error. My other games are not affected. I am using Vista on a new PC.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What game?
    Install As Administrator?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubfir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Scorponok

Ta, its LoK Soul Reaver 2. Where do I put the file though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

c:\Windows\System32 usally

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try putting it in the games directory aswell...

Nick

• Advertisement

Yes would suggest sticking it in the LoK Soul Reaver 2 program folder. The dll file should be on the installation disc though as it is for the video codecs the
    game uses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

remember if you're manually copying and placing dll files on the computer they need to be registered from the run command just putting them in the right place is not good enough . see HERE for how to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 strjms72

i loved soul reaver... but as far as i can remember it wasn't released for pc, it was adapted from PS i think so i know it always had problems when installing and playing on a pc

No good, it won't register it.

Try creating a shortcut to cmd and right click this and run as administrator.
    Then type regsvr32 binkw32.dll. If it doesnt load what error does it give you ?

• Advertisement

I copied the program files from another computer, and it runs o.k. Anti-spyware caused the problem in the first place. Despite deleting it and the game, it wouldn't reinstall!

Advertisement