Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck trying to jailbreak ipod touch!!!!

Options
  • 16-10-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Good Evening,

I recently got wireless broadband and decided to jailbreak my ipod touch. I looked around a lot of places, i.e. boards.ie and youtube and decided to follow the instructions of this fella http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UIeWRlhv-3U

I originally had 1.1.3 firmware but installed 1.1.1 according to the video. However, when i try to install AppSnap from jailbreakme.com nothing happens. It does say it may take a few tries but has never worked for me. I also connected the ipod to itunes and launched safari from the ipod (as suggested by the FAQ on jailbreakme.com) but still nothing.

All i get is the loading symbol on the top left hand corner of the ipod and that's it. I then have to press the home button as safari freezes.

Anyone experienced this?? Is there any other websites that can jailbreak the ipod touch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

jailbreakme.com is about a year old as is 1.1.1 so i'd be suprised if it was still working, you're best bet is to update your software to 1.1.5 (or 2.1 if you're wiling topay €8 for it!) and jailbreak that, google the "DevTeam" and check out www.ipodtouchfans.com for helpful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 The Analyst

amull87 wrote: »
    jailbreakme.com is about a year old as is 1.1.1 so i'd be suprised if it was still working, you're best bet is to update your software to 1.1.5 (or 2.1 if you're wiling topay €8 for it!) and jailbreak that, google the "DevTeam" and check out www.ipodtouchfans.com for helpful info.

Cheers for that amull, I'll give a spin over the weekend and see how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Can anyone recommend a good guide to jailbreak a 1.1.4 ipod touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Whenever I try to download something I get an error cant connect to host

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

shortys94 wrote: »
    Whenever I try to download something I get an error cant connect to host

Downloading from where? Installer?

1.1.4 is pretty out of date now so most things in installer won't work

Advertisement