Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrackIR 4

Options
  • 16-10-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I used to be into flight sim *years* ago and decided with a new PC on the way that can actually run it for me to get back into it
    Looking through one of the other posts i saw the Saitek X52 Pro joystick that i have already bought with another piece of equipment the TrackIR 4.
    I opened google and ebay and put it in and was totally amazed !

That looks like one sweet piece of machinery !
    does the game play actually make much more of a difference ?
    Is it worth buying it ?

I couldnt have it on eBay for some reason, i thought i could find anything there. best place to get it ?

Darwin wrote: »
    Quote from Darwin in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055286061
    Hi there, delighted to see this new forum. I'm very much a beginner - I bought a book (Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots Real World Training) to help learn the ropes but getting time to sit down and practice is hard. I have all the gear (TrackIR 4 and Saitek X52 Pro) which makes the whole flying experience much more enjoyable. Looking forward to posting regularly here though as I progress...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hi again...I got mine from edimensional.com For Flight Sim X it's absolutely brilliant, really makes the whole experience more immersive (for me anyway). There's loads of youtube vidoes that should give you a good idea of how it works in FSX. Perhaps other people who own it can chip in with their experiences? It's also quite good in racing sims such as rFactor or LFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Planning on buying this with the next pay check!

6 degrees of freedom for using in the VC will make all the difference.

Just downloading the PMDG MD11 now to compliment it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

checking out edimensional.com and it appears that its not available any more ? am i missing it :(
    Darwin wrote: »
    Hi again...I got mine from edimensional.com For Flight Sim X it's absolutely brilliant, really makes the whole experience more immersive (for me anyway). There's loads of youtube vidoes that should give you a good idea of how it works in FSX. Perhaps other people who own it can chip in with their experiences? It's also quite good in racing sims such as rFactor or LFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

edimensional seem to have withdrawn it from sale? You can still get it from here
    although they charge about £17 or so to deliver.

Another place that stock it here though I'm not sure about shipping charges.

You could also try to buy directly from naturalpoint.com, but they ship from the USA via UPS, so you will most likely have to pay customs duty.

Thanks alot mate ! its a hard item to find to buy online.

I had it in my mind that it was about 100 euro. rather than 150+ hmmm.
    Think its worth it though.

• Advertisement

It's cheaper from Simmarket.com (€134.99 + €5.50 shipping).

heh ! actually sweet... i had nearly replied to you complaining that u waited til now to tell me... but i have been too busy with work to order !

Thanks John !

samhail wrote: »
    heh ! actually sweet... i had nearly replied to you complaining that u waited til now to tell me... but i have been too busy with work to order !

Thanks John !

Lucky for me so :D

heh :) Thanks.

that doesnt mean that i owe you the 15 or 20 quid difference right :)

heh :) Thanks.

that doesnt mean that i owe you the 15 or 20 quid difference right :)

hehe no worries!

Report back and let us know what you make of it. Have decided to buy an Xbox 360 so will have to hold off on this until next month :(

• Advertisement

all ordered. hopefully wont take too long now !
    I wonder if i should wait for it before i paly the FSX on my new PC (going to be delivered next week (they say))... or should i just start plaing asap ! :)

all ordered. hopefully wont take too long now !
    I wonder if i should wait for it before i paly the FSX on my new PC (going to be delivered next week (they say))... or should i just start plaing asap ! :)

From the interviews I've read, you pretty much plug and play so there's no point not using it with FS9!

FS X is sweet by the way. I'm happy I made the move!

I just got this today !
    knew it was on its way and when i saw the small package i hoped it wasnt it.

It looked flimsy when i took it out... but was well impressed when i plugged it in and demo'd it. bringont he new PC so i can play with it ! :)

edit: ha ! just switched back to it now and it crashed on me ! :) mabye i should have paid attention to the win 2k/win XP warningmeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have this, and it works beautifully with FS9 and FSX, having a yoke, pedals and this really makes it as close to flying as possible.

Advertisement