Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points Query(again)

Options
  • 16-10-2008 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all,
    I have a weird query that I tried asking the department of Transport over the phone but the lady wouldn't entertain it. Basically I have points on my license and I work for the civil service. I got a slight promotion with them that involves a bit of driving. They asked me had i penalty points because that disqualifies me. I said no, stupid i know... My supervisor who is a complete and utter nasty man said his going to check all the driving staffs licenses including mine to be sure. Its not even a rule but its his own little rule, unfortunetly his the boss. I know I can check this information myself by ringing the department but is there anyway they can check this information about my license? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Hi all,
    I have a weird query that I tried asking the department of Transport over the phone but the lady wouldn't entertain it. Basically I have points on my license and I work for the civil service. I got a slight promotion with them that involves a bit of driving. They asked me had i penalty points because that disqualifies me. I said no, stupid i know... My supervisor who is a complete and utter nasty man said his going to check all the driving staffs licenses including mine to be sure. Its not even a rule but its his own little rule, unfortunetly his the boss. I know I can check this information myself by ringing the department but is there anyway they can check this information about my license? Thanks.

Not sure if they can but its quite possible.

Say nothing, Tell them you forgot if your caught out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Surely your protected by privacy of information act..

I'd imagine you'd need to sign a waiver for someone else to check this... Or, maybe being in the civil service this guy can use a "back door" to check.

Either way you're in a pickle as lieing to the boss (and getting caught out) never goes down well...specially if he's nasty. :rolleyes:

You could either do as suggested and forget about them... or if things get sticky they could have "just" arrived in the post..

How many did you get? Any insurance company I spoke to are happy until you reach 6 points..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

There has to be an element of Data Protection covering this, ie - only the authorities have access to your PP record. I doubt this power is afforded to every random supervisor working in Civil Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

bbam wrote: »
    Or, maybe being in the civil service this guy can use a "back door" to check.
    Possibly, but that won't hold up to scrutiny if he's making decisions based on information he received illegally/unethically.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,114 ✭✭✭✭Esel

... unfortunately he's the boss.....
    Surely he in turn has a boss? If asking you re points is not on the official form you sign (or whatever), then stick with 'No' in answer to his illegal question, and advise your colleagues to do the same! Sounds like he's the type of fcuker who would deny he ever asked you that question - so if it comes to it, you can deny it too!

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 instruction

Ya his an ignorant man but he knows how to make a fuss, i reckon he has a degree in how to be a complete nousence. I'm gonna hold tough and hopefully things will pan out.

Advertisement