Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi L200 or alternatives

Options
  • 16-10-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive seen an L200 for sale. It's a 03 with 66k miles on the clock for sale through a dealership currently asking 8700 euro.

1) Does this seem like a good deal and what could i expect him to knock off the price?

2) what are people experiences of this vehicle? Are they practical as a family vehicle? ( i am aware of tax implications if i were to do this) MPG?

3) Any Alternatives?(keeping budget in mind)

Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Previous model L200 has appalling ride and handling. Brakes, turning circle, grip and stability are also bad. Space inside is poor. On the plus side it is fairly good for towing and offroading and the boot is massive.

So whether it is a good vehicle or not for you depends on what you want it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Did you look in NI/UK too. These type vehicles are not subject to VRT as far as I know and even with the exchange rate you could still save yourself a bundle of cash. Something to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Did you look in NI/UK too. These type vehicles are not subject to VRT as far as I know and even with the exchange rate you could still save yourself a bundle of cash. Something to keep in mind.

I'm pretty sure the L200 attracts 13.3% VRT on import (current & old models). The Navarra and current D-Max (UK Rodeo) are classified as category C vehicles and therefore €50 VRT. The Pathfinder pick-up is a Category B (13.3% VRT) and I don't know about the Ranger 'cos no one buys them :p

I had a Pajero Sport Commercial for the best part of a year (essentially the same vehicle with coil spring rather than leaf). Not that comfy to drive, no where for your left foot to rest, bouncy on bumps (L200 will be worse), poor turning circle and could be a bit of a handfull in the wet.

I used to get about 600km from a full tank of diesel (70 or 75 Litres). To put that in to perspective I'm now getting 700km from a 55 litre tank on my Accord 2.0 Petrol.

If you need a 4x4 pickup then that sounds likea fairly decent price and the L200 is supposed to be the best of that vintage. If you don't need one, look at estate cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

R.O.R wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the L200 attracts 13.3% VRT on import (current & old models). The Navarra and current D-Max (UK Rodeo) are classified as category C vehicles and therefore €50 VRT. The Pathfinder pick-up is a Category B (13.3% VRT) and I don't know about the Ranger 'cos no one buys them :p

Ah i see. I was looking at buying the Navara from NI hence why I though VRT did not apply to all pick up type vehicles as it's only 50 quid for the Navara.

Advertisement