Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16yo Volunteer

Options
  • 16-10-2008 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm looking for some advice/guidance...

I have a 16yo son who is in Transition Year in school - quite shy & introvert and finds it hard to make new friends. I would like to find some volunteer work that he might find interesting & will give him the oppurtunity to meet/help others.

Have volunteered him for Special Olympics but not many events on at the moment. He loves all sports - living in Dublin South.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Dub_Jim_Royle

What kind of area of volunteering are you thinking of. How about the Red Cross...
    If you want details of Red Cross units in your area, PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Likewise, if he is interested in sports, music etc (what teen isn't ?) , St John Ambulance are always hoping to attract new members.

We also cover alot of events in RDS other than sports & music such as Funderland and different exhibitions.

Cadets (under 18) have a varied training programme including First Aid, Caring for the Sick and partake in a number of Competitions throughout the year where teamwork is the name of the game.

Send me a PM if you want details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

I can vouch for st.john ambulance, ive been a cadet in it for over 6 years. Not only does it teach you the valuable skill of first aid but it also helps you make alot of friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jth

Thanks for all replies - I will look into our local clubs and encourage him to give them a try. Thanks again

Advertisement