Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overshoes

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Anyone have any good recommendations for overshoes? I'm looking for something fairly decent, waterproof and warm are my main priorities.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

BBB Waterflex... available from most bike shops, about 30 quid I think and great.. it's what I use

• Registered Users Posts: 31,055 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I got some thin rubbery Specialized overshoes from Cycleways at the weekend.

They're not lined or insulated as such, but are windproof and the water runs off them fine. They've got a more closed design on the underneath than those BBB ones, which I preferred.

Sizing can be odd. I needed XL although I'm only a size 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I have Altura Reflex (€50) and brillant for keeping your wee toes from the cold and have a very good reflective stripe on the sides. The hole for the cleat isn't very good though. Also have a pair of the BBB ones are pretty good, infact for the money if was shopping for some again I'd probably get these.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i got endura overshoes from crc and they are really good - they are made from neoprene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Adidas Ones .. Wheeworx in clondalkin recommended them over the BBB. They are great. Toasty warm feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Adidas Ones .. Wheeworx in clondalkin recommended them over the BBB. They are great. Toasty warm feet.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Lumen wrote: »
    Sizing can be odd. I needed XL although I'm only a size 9.

Yeah i got XXL ones that were so tight I had to leave them on my cycling shoes permanently, eventually the seams gave up because they were so bloody tight.

Anyone in here a size 11 and could recommend something that can be put on and taken off easily enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

noblestee wrote: »
    Anyone in here a size 11 and could recommend something that can be put on and taken off easily enough?

I'm size 11 and I'm hoping to get some tonight I'll let you know if I can get them on and off easily, and what make they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

BBB Waterflex... available from most bike shops, about 30 quid I think and great.. it's what I use

ditto, keep you warm and dry;) and I'm size 11 too, BBB Waterflex come in shoe sizing rather than L, XL etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Hungrycol wrote: »
    How much?

34.99 at wheelworx

• Advertisement
Advertisement