Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for java developer PhD or Post-Doc

Options
  • 16-10-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this is a long shot but I am looking for a researcher with experience in java programming to get involved with a project (based in UL) to develop a Virtual Chemistry Laboratory for Irish Post-Primary Schools (VCLIPPS).

We had two IRCSET PhD awards for this project, one focusing on the pedagogical apsects of the program development and the other on the software design to promote enquiry-based approaches to the sciences and to facilitate electronic assessment of problem solving. The software design student dropped out to accept a job late in the day so I am looking for a replacement. We have the support of Intel through Enterprise Partnership and can apply outside of the regular call system. With this support, we are highly likely to receive funding if a high-quality candidate applies.

Given the time of year I would consider filling this position with a post-doc, also supported through Enterprise Partnership. This project has the support of all the relevant state agencies and if all goes well we hope to see VCLIPPS imbedded into the revised syllabus for Chemistry and used for teaching, learning and assessment. Our partners include Carnegie-Mellon University in the US and I think this position offers an attrative career track either in academia or industry (note the 350 million euros investment of HMH recently in e-learning in Dublin).

So if anyone has java experience and is interested in either a PhD or Post-Doc in the area of e-learning please get in touch.

johnorei@gmail.com

Best regards,

John

Advertisement