Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i start to watch??

Options
  • 15-10-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

Ok so i have a bit of a backlog of tv series on dvd here in front of me and im just deciding what to watch a few episodes of now, which will inevitably lead to me watching the whole season this week so here is what i have to choose from

The shield season 3,(have already watched 1&2 and some of 3)
    The west wing( i have 1-7)
    The wire season 1-3
    Friday night lights season 2 (have watched 1)
    Sex and the city complete have already watched season one

i'm sure i have one or two more but i'll leave it at that, so what do people think i should watch i'm thinking i might finish off the shield because i only have up until season 3, but if i watch the rest i'll want to buy 4 and 5..
    Then i was thinking hmm west wing,i have never watched it before but the whole box set was only 66 euro so i had to get it like and i've wanted to watch it for a while..then there's Friday night lights aw im going to shut up now and see what yee think...

ah im so torn i need yee to help me decide..

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Personally, I'd watch the wire. Never seen it, but have heard great things about it.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The Wire. No question.

Jesus... The Wire and Sex and the City grouped together... an insult!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

The Wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus.. I'm fecking sick of these "What will I watch next?" / "What shows do you recommend?" / "I need someone new to watch!" threads. Seem to be a weekly occurrence.

I could just pre-empt every one of them with a solitary post saying 'The Wire' and close it there and then! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Friday Night Lights is meant to be quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I would recommend Alias and Supernatural for no brainer fun shows and the
    Wire, Mad Men, Dexter, Oz for the more cerebral experience. You should probably like Lipstick jungle by the writer of Sex and the city.

Friday night lights season 3 has recently started and the first episode is of the usual quality.

Edit: I thought you were looking for recommendations but off your list the shield and the west wing are both really great shows. Definitely in the top ten of recent years imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I heard lots of good things about the Wire on here, i've watched seasons 1-3, and while its good, it is by no means great. It's slow, and there's just not a whole lot going on. I will give season 4 a go but right now i'm making my way through Six Feet Under, which is much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

All of them!

Advertisement