Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Bike Chic

Options
  • 15-10-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭

Enough threads filled with links to €60 quick release bolts and all that!

Post here pics of your "recession chic" bike accessories or inventions.

Here is my combination bottle cage and straw, made one evening in the summer. I made it from an old thin steel bar and a length of plastic tube. I drilled a hole in the lid of an ordinary water bottle. However, I quickly discovered the pointlessness of the straw. Better to to take gulps than drink by the trickle.

But the cage still serves me well.

4672636610a9162340335l.jpg

4672636610a9162340238l.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Nice one centurion, like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Húrin wrote: »
    Here is my combination bottle cage and straw, made one evening in the summer. I made it from an old thin steel bar and a length of plastic tube.

Jesus, for a minute I thought it was a catheter. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Húrin wrote: »
    4672636610a9162340238l.jpg

Out of curiosity, just how big is that bike? :eek: :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Nice work. You'd need some suction to get a drink out of that tubing though I'd say. Might double up as some sort of solar powered distillery:pac: Can you post up a pic of the full bike. Quite a unique paint job too! (as well as being a giant's bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Most impressive, very Heath Robinson.

Although probably would have been easier to just tie-wrap the bottle to the handlebars and stick a straw in the top. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

oobydooby wrote: »
    Nice work. You'd need some suction to get a drink out of that tubing though I'd say. Might double up as some sort of solar powered distillery:pac: Can you post up a pic of the full bike. Quite a unique paint job too! (as well as being a giant's bike)
    That's not a real house behind it lads! Just a stylised rabbit hutch.

Not that muhc suction was required and it became easier as I cut the tube shorter. However, the energy used in sucking was not worth the expenditure, and I reverted to traditional gulping eventually.
    Lumen wrote: »
    Most impressive, very Heath Robinson.

Although probably would have been easier to just tie-wrap the bottle to the handlebars and stick a straw in the top. :D
    That would get in the way of brake cables, the watch and the light holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Did the original invention feature a bottle like this one? If so I think my alcoholic neigbhour might have invented this before you ...
    vin.jpg

Advertisement