Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X SL Pro Carbon - For Sale

Options
  • 15-10-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey guys, this might be useful for someone here, i'm selling my Planet X Carbon due to my departure from Ireland in couple of months in search of work elsewhere, it is with great reluctance i sell this gem but thats life. I bought this bike under advice from people on these boards and it is a great bike by all accounts, i received the bike sometime in June and have attached the sheet showing all specs etc. Its Black, Medium in size, has Shimano Ultegra 6620 SL SPD pedals included, cost me about €1450, looking for €950. Bike is available for viewing in evenings and weekends, about 500 miles maximum on it, super bike, seeking good rider!

More info on bike available here, bike is in immaculate condition by the way, can through in MTB cycling shoes size 9 if they're any good to anyone:

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/SL_Pro_Carbon_-_Dura_Ace_Build.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

What size is it dude ?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Medium

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

seeking good rider!

Do you know how many of us those three words eliminates?!

Good luck with the sale.

Haha, well it definately eliminates me anyway, i think i will edit with "seeks better rider"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

How can it be considered 'Dura-Ace build' when the chainset, brakes, casette, chain are not Dura-Ace?

• Advertisement

Apologies el tel, it is corrected now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

No need to apologise dude. It's Dura-Ace/Ultegra mix, nothing wrong with that.

What is the all up weight is it by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

el tel wrote: »
    No need to apologise dude. It's Dura-Ace/Ultegra mix, nothing wrong with that.

The manufacturers web site says "Dura-Ace build", which is the misleading thing.

It seems 50-50 Dura-Ace and 105-level stuff (not that there's anything wrong with that either), and there's no mention of the BB on the site.

Those levers are really expensive, but have "Dura-Ace" printed on them which makes it much faster, obviously.

Lovely bike though, if you don't sell it I might make an insulting offer. ;)

Sorry lads better manufacturers site here:

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/?page_id=1049

The weight of the frame is 1120g but not sure how much all in, I have added this to adverts website, follow link below, you will find pictures here also:

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=76176&cat=52

sold today lads, thanls everyone for the interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Aye, sold to me! :D Haven't had time to take it for a proper spin yet, just a mile or so up the road and back. So far so good, but still need to dial in the settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

kenmc wrote: »
    Aye, sold to me! :D Haven't had time to take it for a proper spin yet, just a mile or so up the road and back. So far so good, but still need to dial in the settings etc.

Congrats. Very nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ta. looking forward to the weekend already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Well done Ken, it's a nice bike and I thought the price hollywoodhoppy was looking for was very reasonable. Had a go on emty's one and it seemed very responsive indeed.

Advertisement