Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus USA

Options
  • 15-10-2008 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

So, I was browsing earlier, and have found flights on the Dublin - Washington DC Dulles route are €31 pre-tax and fees :eek:

After charges, it works out around €276 per person return, inc all taxes and charges, which is a fantastic. These fares are available in Novemeber and December at the moment.

The Boston route has seats available at €81 each way, pre-tax, which makes it about €376 return after charges.

The NY route is more expensive as there's a higher demand for the pre-Christmas shopping, but having spent a lot of time in all three cities and the surrounding area, there's as good shopping in Boston and DC as there is in NY.

Edit: There are a few dates to NY that you can get a good deal. E.g:

Dep Dub Fri 7 Nov
    Dep NY Wed 12 Nov

€391 all in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

There's some other thread saying that the Washington routes are not performing well and that's why prices have been slashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

There's some other thread saying that the Washington routes are not performing well and that's why prices have been slashed.

Perhaps - it doesn't mean it's any less of a great deal though!

There's as much shopping in/around DC and Boston as there is in NY, but I guess the hordes of women aren't as drawn to the other cities as the idea of a Sex-and-the-City type experience in Manhattan.:p

Pity tbh. Having lived in all three cities, I think they all have their attractions, but it used to bug me when I'd come home and people would obsess about NY and how great it was and "it must be amazing to live there, I bet you miss it". Yes, it's as great as any other city for five days, but then it's just like another place I've lived in, where bills have to be paid and work has to be done etc.

Anyway, enough of my rambling - some of the flights are worth a punt for anyone looking for a pre-Christmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Already posted here.

Just booked two of us to the States for the week before Christmas for €55o approx total. Not too shabby at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

dudara wrote: »
    Already posted here.

Just booked two of us to the States for the week before Christmas for €55o approx total. Not too shabby at all.

My apologies, didn't see that thread :o

Please merge/delete if necessary.

Advertisement