Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Giant XTC 2.5 in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-10-2008 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭

Where would it be possible to get a 2008 Giant XTC 2.5 in the Small 16" size in Ireland? I have found it online in a few stores (its just become last years model) but the 2009 model has a lower spec. I have researched bikes for about 6 months now and I really want this bike. Any help would be great.
    P.S. I'm living in Limerick

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/mountain/1410/29692/?collections_id=3

12142.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Please...does anyone know where I can get a hold one of these. Its such a beautiful bike with a good spec for a good price! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

best thing you could do is ring all these bike shops and see which can do you the best deal.

http://www.whatswhat.ie/search.php?search=business&keyword=bike+shop+limerick&Submit2=Search

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The cycle in, in tallaght village stock giant.
    If they dont have tht moddel in they can order it in no problem, nice guys in there.

I'm actually living in limerick if that helps! Thanks for all your advice :) I had contacted Giant UK and they had 1 left in my size! Perfect. I went to my LBS and he said he would order it in for me, but he later found out that it had been sold in the 24hrs after receiving the email. I was so sickened. I had my heart set on that bike and now there seems to be none left in the world:( I could get one online but I would prefer to but from a shop. Plus I know the guy well so he gives me a good deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

Also, I have been researching this bike for about 6 months and it actually comes with the better RockShox Recon fork, despite the Tora as seen in all stock photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭osnoyl

email these guys they are very good you will have a reply straight away vxcycles@yahoo.ie got my xtc 3.5 there 6 months ago

If you're that eager to get it, then just buy from one of the online shops. Pauls Cycles above appears to have the 16" in stock.

Has anyone bought a bike like this online? What was your experience like, did you get caught for tax/vat/duties? What do you do for repairs because I am not the best at bike repairs/maintanance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Has anyone bought a bike like this online? What was your experience like, did you get caught for tax/vat/duties? What do you do for repairs because I am not the best at bike repairs/maintanance!

Never bought a bike online, but have bought guitars and amps that are more expensive, and its fine.
    For repairs just take it to your LBS.

If coming from the UK (or any other EU country) there are no additonal taxes or duties to pay. You local bike shop should be fine for repairs - it's unlikely they'll only service bikes bought there. Particularly if they couldn't get the one you want. If you're planning on doing a lot of mtbing then it would be a good idea to brush up on your repair and maintenance skills though.

Well, thats probably why I am reluctant to buy online. He has a strict policy of only repairing bikes bought there (although I know him quite well so I might change his mind about that!). The other thing is that putting me off is that he always gives me a great deal on any bikes I buy from him! Thanks

Advertisement