Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Damage

Options
  • 15-10-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,
    Myself and my housemates have been trying to move out of our current house for the last number of months, but it has proven to be very difficult as our LL is being an a**, and we have a fixed term lease.
    He has yet to fix problems that he said he would complete within a week of us moving in in June, and to add to that our roof has been leaking since July, and he continually avoids doing anything about it.
    We complained to Threshold about him and were informed that as we had no record of these promises in writing that we could not give notice.
    He would not give us his address so we could post it to him, and we finally managed to get him around a couple of weeks ago and gave him an official letter of complaint, stating our problems and giving him 21 days to rectify them, which he signed.
    He has since done f*** all, despite promising the world, he said that a builder would be around on both last Saturday and Yesterday, he showed up on Saturday minus the builder, did one v minor job and left, stating that the builder would be around on Tuesday at 2pm, and that someone needed to be there.
    My housemate arranged to take the day off, and he never showed, instead someone from the insurance company showed up to examine the place, which we weren't told was happening.
    However she said that the area that the leak is in is not structurally sound, so can we immediately give our notice and have our deposit returned to us, or are we better off just upping and leaving....

Apologies about the long post...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

You should probably up and leave, but make sure you get your deposit back.
    I'd give Threshold a call and see what they have to say about it

Advertisement