Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIC Card won't start ....

Options
  • 14-10-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Marvell Yukon Network Adapter is built into my Intel Motherboard and it DOES work - but it will NEVER start at first bootup - I ALWAYS have to RESTART!
    I'm operating WinXP SP3 on a 3.2GHz Pentium 4 CPU, with a Creative Broadband Blaster 8133U attached by CAT5 cable for the Internet Connection.
    I've looked in the Startup List using Msconfig [and only confused myself more!] - there was no mention of any driver for the Network Adapter...?
    Can anyone help me get it to start automatically with Windows startup??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 dubfir

look in device manager... it will be listed there. Check what options it gives you there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

moving to comp/tech

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Browndoff

Thanks Dubfir but...
    The entry in Device Manager doesn't seem to offer any option relating to starting the card's function - so that doesn't help.
    I've tried re-installing the drivers for the Chipset [just last night!] and re-checked the Intel motherboard site [Intel D915GEV-AA-C63667-C1] to be SURE that I had the CORRECT drivers for my Marvell Yukon onboard LAN. The Driver Setup doesn't offer the user any option for startup changes either....
    NOTHING seems to change the fact that it runs ONLY after a RESTART!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Xp or Vista?

MC

Advertisement