Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change a kerosene burner to green diesel?

Options
  • 14-10-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

:confused: hi, this is my first time to use this so hopefully i have posted it in right place.

I bought a new burner for my oil boiler,the burner is set for kerosene and i am burning diesel,how do i change it so it will burn diesel or do i need to do anything?:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is there another reason you're burning green diesel like using the tank for an agricultural tractor or something?

If not, you'd be better to run the boiler on kerosene as it runs hotter and cleaner and it a tad cheaper (i think!) It certainly is better value for money and your boiler will keep cleaner.

If you can run on kero, just top up your tank with kero and it should run ok, At the next fill, you'll be on neat kero anyway, more or less.

If you do need to run on diesel, you'll have to increase the pump pressure slightly and this is best done by someone who has the necessary pressure testing equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved from C & P to Home Appliances.

Probably get more replies there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

injector in burner will need to be changed followed by oil pump pressure and air inlet will need adjusting. Very easy and quick to remedy.

Advertisement